ryoder

CO - Send money, guns, and....oh hell, just send boats!

FlyingRhenquest

Yeah when the hell did we end up moving to Seattle? I don't remember moving to Seattle. It's Colorado! It's not supposed to rain! EVER!

Check out these records Boulder is setting:
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder-flood/ci_24100090/todays-rain-boulder-verge-breaking-all-time-annual
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

My son is an air traffic controller in Salt Lake City. His airspace abuts Denver Center's airspace so he interfaces with them a lot. Denver Center's facility is actually located in Longmont. My son said the day of the flood the Denver controllers only had 4 of the usually 11-14 people working. All the rest were cut off by flooding.

Ordered a couple hundred bucks worth of new bicycle parts...supposed to pick them up in Commerce City today...

Now UPS has lost my package due to the floods :( if anyone sees a set of rims, tires, forks, some bar tape, and a couple other goodies floating away, please retrieve them and PM me...I'd like to have those...

JohnnyMarko

Ordered a couple hundred bucks worth of new bicycle parts...supposed to pick them up in Commerce City today...

Now UPS has lost my package due to the floods :( if anyone sees a set of rims, tires, forks, some bar tape, and a couple other goodies floating away, please retrieve them and PM me...I'd like to have those...

Talk to this guy.:o
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Package found....train tracks were washed out and train was rerouted...shipments are a total mess right now...

On another note, 9news just listed HelpColoradoNow.org as site to go to on how to help, tried it in Chrome and Safari and it took me to an ad supported site...emailed Kyle Clark (news anchor) to let him know it should be .com....he said no it's fine...anyone else have luck/no luck with this link?

But Mile Hi was flying today! I took off after lunch. We have a LOT more lakes than we used to, and it looks like that stone quarry out toward Lyons is filled to the top! But the swoop pond is full again, the landing area isn't very muddy and the air's so thick that flying and landing were awesome! There were actually a couple rounds of tandem students out today, one other fun jumper and an AFF student.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

FlyingRhenquest

But Mile Hi was flying today! I took off after lunch. We have a LOT more lakes than we used to, and it looks like that stone quarry out toward Lyons is filled to the top! But the swoop pond is full again, the landing area isn't very muddy and the air's so thick that flying and landing were awesome! There were actually a couple rounds of tandem students out today, one other fun jumper and an AFF student.

Damn. The TFR just *barely* misses KLMO: http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_3_4333.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***But Mile Hi was flying today! I took off after lunch. We have a LOT more lakes than we used to, and it looks like that stone quarry out toward Lyons is filled to the top! But the swoop pond is full again, the landing area isn't very muddy and the air's so thick that flying and landing were awesome! There were actually a couple rounds of tandem students out today, one other fun jumper and an AFF student.

Damn. The TFR just *barely* misses KLMO: http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_3_4333.html

Yup they changed it. I took my quicksilver up (From KLMO) this morning to survey the high tide and hunt some Care Bears. Pretty devastating to see home from the sky. Then went to work in the BASE Dynamics Loft at BDU. Cop guarding the front gate of the airport, I had to explain my reason for being there with a kayak on top of my car and a BASE jumping shirt on. HOLY CRAP Boulder airport is insane. CH-47s, UH-60s, News whirlybirds doing laps, bringing back hippies, elderly and a impressive and disproportionate large number of cats and dogs. I wandered around like I was important. FEMA is in the DZ packing room and office. Fed crews galore, tents everywhere. EVERY taxiway was packed with delivery rations, water, etc. I got Free lunch with the pilots, tons of Eldorado Water, and a coast guard air show from the front row. Pretty awesome.

ryoder

***But Mile Hi was flying today! I took off after lunch. We have a LOT more lakes than we used to, and it looks like that stone quarry out toward Lyons is filled to the top! But the swoop pond is full again, the landing area isn't very muddy and the air's so thick that flying and landing were awesome! There were actually a couple rounds of tandem students out today, one other fun jumper and an AFF student.

There was a bit more air traffic than usual but nothing untoward. Couple helicopters flying around. Figured I could see 'em in time and dodge so as not to smack into their windshield. Guy looked like he wanted to land while I was making my first approach. Field didn't look too muddy (Which was my first priority!) so I nudged it a bit to the left. Wouldn't have been a problem where I was either, mind you, but one should be considerate as long as it doesn't involve getting muddy! Did a high pull on my second one, but the other skydivers get bitchy if I wait 5000 feet to unstow my toggles (heh heh heh) so I got right to it and got down about one minute after the last tandem landed.

The field was a lot less muddy than I expected, and a lot less muddy than it was last winter. You still have a LOT of incentive to stand up your landing, but this winter you'd take a step and sink half an inch (With a corresponding *squish*.) Today I was able to stay on top of the dirt all the way back. Didn't even the bottoms of my ninja boots muddy!

Oh! The air was SO smooth today, it was like flying on velvet! My slider wasn't even flapping at all, it was all just like "Whoooooosh!"
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

JohnMitchell

Picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue. . . ;)

And these women picked the wrong week to climb Long's Peak!:o
(A few miles from Estes Park).

Who knew Estes Park was so well prepared?
The link will pull up Streetview.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Estes+Ark&ll=40.381532,-105.494649&spn=0.016002,0.018196&fb=1&gl=us&hq=Estes+Ark+toy+store&hnear=0x876b8cd466c308bd:0xdea87d2ab269d60c,Superior,+CO&cid=0,0,13561512661907873443&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=40.381494,-105.494685&panoid=q-wflfUyB0n3ny4ETUY97g&cbp=12,336.32,,0,0

(It's a toy store);)

If you need to rent a tank & regulator, send a PM to Riddler.

It really wasn't too bad in downtown Denver - I've seen worse flooding around my house in previous years. Here in the city, we send all of our drainage to Boulder and Aurora :P
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

riddler

If you need to rent a tank & regulator, send a PM to Riddler.

It really wasn't too bad in downtown Denver - I've seen worse flooding around my house in previous years. Here in the city, we send all of our drainage to Boulder and Aurora :P

Except when you bike to work >:(

Got drenched last week during all that rain...and of course the hardest rain was falling right as I was riding to and from work