k_marr08

Looking for ethnography on skydivers

Hi everyone! I'm in an anthropology class and figured I'd do my paper on skydivers and maybe an offshoot on BASE jumpers. I need actual "ethnographies" rather than just working off personal experience, so I'm hoping a few of you have done the same and may have names/authors of ethnographies on skydivers and/or BASE jumpers??? Especially newer ones (as our sport is constantly evolving)...maybe??? Any help is very much appreciated!
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

You're looking for books about skydiving culture? Or ethnic demographics?
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

Basically any book, article, or thesis on the culture of skydiving - the more thorough and "holistic" the better (holistic meaning looking at skydiving culture from both an insider's and outsider's perspective, and covering many aspects of the culture..). It's meant to be written by an actual anthropologist but I'm not going to push my luck ;)

"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh