stuffit

This blows! (cypres)

After two weeks of testing at SSK they had to ship my cypres back to germany. Does anybody know how often this happens and how long it usually takes?

On my oldest CYPRES, it took 6 weeks total. My device had failed one of the tests and had to be sent back to Germany for further testing. It was worked out. I appreciate the attention to detail that was shown...

Tim T.
Team Paraclete

Don't do any jumps with dangerous skydivers in the mean time.

Only "dangerous skydives can kill you, but if you have a cypres it will save you from any risidual danger left over. B|

The preceding has been a joke, I hope first comment was too.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome

The same thing just happened to me. I have 2 years left on mine. I appreciate their attention to detail, but I would have also appreciated if someone had told me it was going to be 2 months before I got my unit back. My DZ is a "gotta have a cypres to jump" place, so I rented shitty gear for 2 months. I would have just bought a new one if I knew I was going to miss my entire summer of jumping:(.
Airtech does rock on the quality however.

Just went thru this last month on my tandem rig. It failed the cold weather testing parameters so off to Germany it went. I was pleasantly surprised by the speed of return. Initially, I was told 4-6 weeks, but got it back in a week and a half.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Mine has been gone a little over a month and I haven't seen it yet. I hope they get it's problem worked out soon so I can get that rig back into commission.

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

I have no idea what the cost is going to be (felt it better not to even ask since i know I'm going to pay it anyway), but I wish they were equipped to do more stuff locally rather than having to deal with shipping it to Germany and doing all the tests.

Does anyone know if they tell you what it's problem is, or do you have to specifically ask?

--
Hot Mama

At least they have good customer service by not charging extra.

I guess I'd like to know just because...not that there is any guarantee that the thing will ever work so I don't plan on relying on it but I guess just for my curiosity more than anything.

--
Hot Mama

After two weeks of testing at SSK they had to ship my cypres back to germany. Does anybody know how often this happens and how long it usually takes?

Happened to me after I had a misfire on mine. I got a loaner from SSK to tide me over. Mine was back in about 8 weeks.