iowa

Best place to live in the U.S. with severe allergies?

My GF is allergic to most things outdoors, unfortunately the desert is not a good option, she hates the heat.

Currently we live in Iowa, the corn is a bitch for her. We're thinking some where in California.

Keith

''Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.'' - Ernest Hemingway

Not all desert is hot. That's a myth.

Try eastern Washington (not DC ;) ) or other high plains/desert locations.

What's she actually allergic to? If she doesn't know exactly what, the rest is a crap shoot. You (or she) could spend the rest of life moving around trying to discover the least uncomfortable location.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

iowa

We're thinking some where in California.

California is not immune to pollen. In fact, there are times of the year when it blows in from hundreds of miles away. Were just now coming into the "Santa Ana Wind" season. It lasts from about the end of September to just a bit after January. They can be pretty horrible for allergies depending on what you're sensitive to.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

iowa

My GF is allergic to most things outdoors, unfortunately the desert is not a good option, she hates the heat.

Currently we live in Iowa, the corn is a bitch for her. We're thinking some where in California.

Well apprently the only place she can live is the Frozen Tundra in the north:ph34r::ph34r:
See if Promises has a spare bed in Alaska
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

***My GF is allergic to most things outdoors, unfortunately the desert is not a good option, she hates the heat.

Well apprently the only place she can live is the Frozen Tundra in the north:ph34r::ph34r:
See if Promises has a spare bed in Alaska

Nah .. even the frozen far north melts during June.... then the fun begins as all the trees in the taiga spuzz each other. Its weird when you can see the damn yellow green clouds of pollen wafting on the breeze.

I mean really .... do you really want a bunch of trees having sex in your nasal passages???

Oh and to the OP... definitely leave man CORN IS EVIL

Nope, not Denver. I have to take sudafed like they're tic-tacs here in the spring and fall. In the fall, my car will turn yellow (It's NOT yelllow) from the pollen while parked at work. All those horny trees having sex with your lungs...

I've heard Arizona, but someone already posted that's a myth.

Maybe you could set up for a job on the ISS.

Edit: Oh, I think you can get a home forced air system (Furnace/AC) with a HEPA filter. That might be a good option, if somewhat expensive. Actually I might have to look into that when my furnace finally kicks the bucket.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Yo Keith, I was a midwest allergy sufferererer...moved to San Diego after college and totally forgot the meaning of the word!

I lived at the beach...fresh fish air, nice ocean breeze - really made quite a difference!

I would caution you though, not 'everywhere' in Cally is an allergy 'free zone'...I had a girlfriend back then that lived in Borrego Springs - that's about 22 miles farther down the road than nowhere, in the middle of the desert.

Though desert conjures up visions of sand dunes and camels...ain't so in SoCal, plenty of pollen producing scrubs and the like.
Visiting her out there had it's good points, and it's bad if ya get my drift. ;)

One place ya absolutely DO NOT want to go is here in Texas!

Between the pollen so thick they have warnings on the news, to the black mold, the 40lb cockroaches pooping everywhere, the microscopic airborne pollutants from industrial manufacturing, the oil industry burn offs...the air is only slightly better than on Jupiter.
;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

Though desert conjures up visions of sand dunes and camels...

...and parked RV's with toxic fumes wafting out of the top...:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

Though desert conjures up visions of sand dunes and camels...

...and parked RV's with toxic fumes wafting out of the top...:o

Worse when they're doing the second 'wash' on the first batch while the next batch is cookin'!

....ummm, or so I'm TOLD! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Instead of moving, has your GF considered extensive allergy testing and shots or drops?

My brother had severe allergies and started on shots and has never been better. Made a world of difference for him wihtout upending his life...unless of course you are just looking fora reason to move ;)