uberchris

potential ripoff

does anyone else call complete and utter BULLSHIT on this?

http://www.dropzone.com/classifieds/Detailed/151299.html

if im wrong, then shoot me down. but a container with a height range of 7", and a weight range of 45 lbs???? if this was the case wouldnt the manufacturers just make xs-xxl containers?

i call bullshit
gravity brings me down.........

uberchris

does anyone else call complete and utter BULLSHIT on this?

if im wrong, then shoot me down. but a container with a height range of 7", and a weight range of 45 lbs???? if this was the case wouldnt the manufacturers just make xs-xxl containers?

i call bullshit

Maybe the ad has been modified but I don't see where it reads the figures you posted.
Always be kinder than you feel.

I wouldn't buy it because ... camo. And also because it wouldn't hold canopies that I jump.

But if I were interested in it, I wouldn't rely on the seller telling me what size bodies it fits; I'd get a serial number, contact Mirage, and find out the measurements it was built for. Then I'd decide how far in either direction size-wise might still work.

Ripoff? Probably not, if (like you should for every purchase) you do your due diligence.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

LuckyMcSwervy

***does anyone else call complete and utter BULLSHIT on this?

i call bullshit

Maybe the ad has been modified but I don't see where it reads the figures you posted.

5'5" to 6'0" - 7" height range.

150# to 195# - 45# weight range.

That's a huge range for a harness.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

******does anyone else call complete and utter BULLSHIT on this?

i call bullshit

I've seen people of the same height/weight difference as the container that's for sale wearing the same student rig, IIRC. Would that matter?

LuckyMcSwervy

*********does anyone else call complete and utter BULLSHIT on this?

i call bullshit

I've seen people of the same height/weight difference as the container that's for sale wearing the same student rig, IIRC. Would that matter?

Sort of. Student rigs are notoriously uncomfortable. Big students bitch that they are too small, small students bitch that they are too big. They don't fit very well, but that's the reality of it. Adjustable MLWs help some, but most students just live with it.

Big difference for your own rig. Even used, it should fit at least fairly well. It could be argued that this one was made for someone 5'9" and has 4" of 'wiggle room' in it, but I'd be wary. Like Krisanne said, a potential buyer should get their own measurements taken, get the S/N of the rig and ask Mirage what they think. Only way to be sure. And as always, buyer beware.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

************does anyone else call complete and utter BULLSHIT on this?

i call bullshit

Sort of. Student rigs are notoriously uncomfortable. Big students bitch that they are too small, small students bitch that they are too big. They don't fit very well, but that's the reality of it. Adjustable MLWs help some, but most students just live with it.

Big difference for your own rig. Even used, it should fit at least fairly well. It could be argued that this one was made for someone 5'9" and has 4" of 'wiggle room' in it, but I'd be wary. Like Krisanne said, a potential buyer should get their own measurements taken, get the S/N of the rig and ask Mirage what they think. Only way to be sure. And as always, buyer beware.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. The student rig I always worse gave me beautiful groin area bruises. When I bought my first rig right before I got my license, it fit like a glove but I did have some padding added to the leg straps, the chest strap lengthened and a FF bungee. I do miss that old Talon.

I hope someone does as suggested and calls the manufacturer with the serial # to get the details. I think it's a great looking container IMHO. But then I like camo. If it was pink camo... I'd would've been checking it out for myself if I was still jumping.