Nataly

Ever heard of this guy??

Eric Fradet.

Please don't google before you answer - just say yes or no.

Then you can google and see who it is. Please no spoilers. And forgive me, but I had no clue... So my vote was no... :$:S:|
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

What's the point? Did this person act offended because you didn't know who he was? Did he pull a "Do you know who I am?" on you (without irony)?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

piisfish

seriously ?
he even posts here on the forum :D:D:D (seriously!)
ever seen the movie Crosswind by Patrick Passe ? a great classic in skydiving. He jumps there doing some relative work from a cliff with young Loic Jean-Albert and others :o

I'm embarassed as hell - it was my boyfriend who brought it up... Said this climber he met was friends with this skydiving world champion who had like 27000 jumps and was winning all the x-games and was into base jumping and was the French Federation of Skydiving president... And I'm like "what??? Whatever... Never heard of the guy..." :S:S (note: I am paraphrasing from a whuffo who got some of the details wrong but overall wasn't too far off)
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

he never was the president of the Federation, but he was something like "directeur technique national" in charge for all the gear issues, never had they seen so many recalls and service bulletins etc under his "reign".
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

NWFlyer

What's the point? Did this person act offended because you didn't know who he was? Did he pull a "Do you know who I am?" on you (without irony)?

he wouldn't pull that card on anybody I guess. More some kind of pretty reserved person.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Nataly

Eric Fradet.

Please don't google before you answer - just say yes or no.

Then you can google and see who it is. Please no spoilers. And forgive me, but I had no clue... So my vote was no... :$:S:|

Seriously, what are you, new? :P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I voted yes, because I remember him from his skysurfing exploits in the mid nineties - I think I first came across him in one of Patrick Passe's Travelling videos.

However he's been off my radar for a good ten or fifteen years, so it doesn't surprise me that you wouldn't have heard of him. :)

diablopilot

That's because too many of you think you discovered this sport. It's full of egos that can't see past themselves.

I can't speak for everyone, but there are lots of fantastic skydivers (past and present) that I have never heard of. It's not that I'm ego-centric but I have a lot of interests and I can't/don't know everything there is to know about every single one of these...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss