FlyingJ

DVD player for mac - audio while fast forwarding

Who has a DVD player app for Mac OSX that allows you to hear audio while fast fowarding? I use a variety of training DVDs with people speaking slower than molasses. I typically just hit the fast forward once or two to 1.2x - 1.4x and with the audio they end up talking at average conversational speed.

The built in Mac DVD player doesn't seem to do it, neither does VLC that I have downloaded (at least not that I can figure out).

In the past I have always used a work owned PC laptop but that is no longer available to me so I'm using my own laptop.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jason

ps...it's been quite a while since I browsed DZ.com. Good to see a bunch of familiar faces and many of the same ongoing threads. I'll need to catch up with about half a million posts.
Killing threads since 2004.

I did find the Video Playback Speed option in VLC player. That does what I need, but still hoping to find something that allows me to bump up with a couple clicks on a remote without drilling down into a menu.
Killing threads since 2004.