Squeak

RFID Blocking

Any of you Tech-head know how thick a layer of aluminum one would need to effectively (i know it wont completely) block a standard scanner?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I used to work in an RFID tech team for a supermarket.... It really doesn't take much to stop them .. in fact it take a lot to get the damned things working.... they are easily de-tuned by applying them to the products that you are trying to protect [doh].

nb different frequency ones behave differently and the active ones (powered) are easier to pick up - but they are all easy to defeat.

but remember the ones that get put into your neck by the CIA can be read from space:S:S:S:S

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

We had and application where we installed the tags between the rails on a railroad and the locomotive would read them when it passed over them. We used off the shelf turkey roasting pans turned upside down to block them during our testing phases.

I intend to live forever -- so far, so good.