henrik.anderson

Trimming the lines

What Kind of canopy?

What will happen if I shorten the frontlines like 4inch?

Your canopy will be trimed steeper. Who knows if it will be a stable configuration?

What would happened if I shorten like all lines like 12 inch?

Your canopy will probably open harder. I've jumped canopies modified in that way and that was the case. You'll also reduce the pedulum that occurs when you flare changing the reaction of the canopy and it's control range. You may also have a reduced recovery arc, and an unstable platform.

Again what canopy?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

You could try adding french links to your own links, thereby making either the front or the back of the canopy go up a bit, and see what happens. I did this a couple times on my sequentially-trimmed Lightning 126, trimming it steeper (rotation-style) to film rotation CReW with a ~2 WL, and even then I needed to bring lead :S It made flying the canopy easier for me (fixed some of the down down down ouch my arms hurt). Landing it was NOT easier. But it was certainly doable. The canopy's trim this way is not the same as a real rotation lineset of course. But, it worked...

Linetrim for CReW canopies can be varied, which was why the organisers of the world record have to specify which trim and which linelengths to use... But usually sports canopies don't have different trims. I do know of a german Paratec (?) canopy that has an "easy" and an "advance" line set available for the same canopy (I think the canopy's called Quadra-V or something)... No idea what the difference between the linesets is though.

Don't take my advise if you don't know what you're doing though, ask your rigger!!

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I have a PdeF BT-pro 140, it's very flat trimed and has a very high front riser pressure.
The BTpro is very fast turning canopy not a newbie thing, but its not a velocity, when it was new in 1994 it was a EXTREAM canopie :-)
I load it about 1.7
I have about 1500jumps.
I am rigger.
And I consider this site to be the best source of knowledge.
Regards
/Henrik

I have a little experience with the BT-Pro. It's a twitchy canopy to begin with, but might be a fun thing to play with. Be ccareful, and you might consider using a three canopy system of some sort when testing any radical changes....
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.