promise5

Alright, I'm just going to ask. Guys aren't you worried about your junk?

FlyingRhenquest

*********Nut Under. Like a line over but a nut under the leg strap.

ETA: I'm a chick, I have no nuts but understand the importance of not having a nut under. :)

That happened to me on one of my first jumps.:S
That was the longest canopy ride I ever had.[:/]

Same here.

Happened once - NEVER again. Pain teaches....

OK seriously, a distressing number of guys seem to have experienced this malfunction first hand! Were you being careful before?

It's the curse of bein' a SKYDIVER!

http://youtu.be/_W-fIn2QZgg

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

FlyingRhenquest

OK seriously, a distressing number of guys seem to have experienced this malfunction first hand! Were you being careful before?

As was previously mentioned, the old "solid saddle" design was the problem in my case. Think of the playground swingsets with a soft, flexible seat; Now add a strap across each leg so you don't slip forward off the saddle. When gearing up, you needed to:
1. Bend over at the waist until your spine was horizontal.
2. Pull the saddle down past your butt.
3. Tighten leg straps.

The *saddle* was what supported your weight, not the legstraps!

If you didn't do that properly, your butt would slip off the saddle during opening, leaving you hanging by your crotch on the legstraps. And those straps were both attached near the center of the saddle!:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

As was previously mentioned, the old "solid saddle" design was the problem in my case. Think of the playground swingsets with a soft, flexible seat; Now add a strap across each leg so you don't slip forward off the saddle. When gearing up, you needed to:
1. Bend over at the waist until your spine was horizontal.
2. Pull the saddle down past your butt.
3. Tighten leg straps.

The *saddle* was what supported your weight, not the legstraps!

If you didn't do that properly, your butt would slip off the saddle during opening, leaving you hanging by your crotch on the legstraps. And those straps were both attached near the center of the saddle!:S

Yup!

A hard opening would knock the wax outta your ears!

Ok I'm covinced and I'll be more understanding of all the checks, double checks, check again, oh wait did I check check and I better make sure it's fine check. Oh and the it's been 2 minutes since I checked so I better check just to make sure I checked. :P:P:P:P:P

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

Ok I'm covinced and I'll be more understanding of all the checks, double checks, check again, oh wait did I check check and I better make sure it's fine check. Oh and the it's been 2 minutes since I checked so I better check just to make sure I checked. :P:P:P:P:P

Does that mean you do personal junk checks?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

promise5

Oh please!! Compared to 99.9% of what I've seen on here I'm considered a prude.

Prudish hussie?:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

oldwomanc6

I dated a guy, briefly, who lost a testicle due to this.

It didn't hurt his performance one bit.

Here's a dumb question from a chick: Is it the skin that pinches causing the pain or it is the testicle smoosh that is the screamer? I think it's the smoosh but for all I know it's just the skin pinch.
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

***I dated a guy, briefly, who lost a testicle due to this.

It didn't hurt his performance one bit.

Here's a dumb question from a chick: Is it the skin that pinches causing the pain or it is the testicle smoosh that is the screamer? I think it's the smoosh but for all I know it's just the skin pinch.

I would say you are asking the wrong person, except, he said the smush was the kicker.

As a gal, the skin pinch seems a small second to burst! :o
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

The mental image:-p

I'll ask did the one that was left just move to the middle or did the skin on the side that was missing just shrivel up? Also, I know they have fake ones for dog I wonder if they have them for humans as well.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

The mental image:-p

I'll ask did the one that was left just move to the middle or did the skin on the side that was missing just shrivel up? Also, I know they have fake ones for dog I wonder if they have them for humans as well.

Yes, there are fake ones. I once worked in a hospital, and the guy who ran the purchasing dept showed me some from the warehouse stock.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

promise5

Yup I asked and if I get crap for asking oh well. But seriously aren't you worried about your junk ?? I understand as a guy most of you feel the need to constantly adjust yourself but it seems more so when you have a harness or your rig on. Is it really a problem??

If your legstraps are tight it's not a problem.

Skydiving naked (been there, done that both horizontal and vertical) it's still not a problem although the sight of one's junk head-down might offend puritanical observers. Just don't botch the landing and get roadrash someplace exceptionally uncomfortable.

ryoder

***The mental image:-p

Yes, there are fake ones. I once worked in a hospital, and the guy who ran the purchasing dept showed me some from the warehouse stock.

I heard they tried using onions for a while, but everyone that had one put in, complained about gettin' a hardon driving past McDonalds.

promise5

Can't be worse then burning your bum while tanning. :P

WHY?? Anyone would skydive naked I'll never know.:S

'Cause it's FUN!

Although, I did think I lost a nipple once. I got down, and it turned out it was just severely insulted. :o
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

ryoder

***Nut Under. Like a line over but a nut under the leg strap.

ETA: I'm a chick, I have no nuts but understand the importance of not having a nut under. :)

Well.. that's about the most painful thing I can imagine at this hour...
You are not the contents of your wallet.

DrDom

******Nut Under. Like a line over but a nut under the leg strap.

Throw on some Disc music...

airtwardo

*********Nut Under. Like a line over but a nut under the leg strap.

Throw on some Disc music...

I guess its the SECOND most painful thing then ;)
You are not the contents of your wallet.