promise5

Alright, I'm just going to ask. Guys aren't you worried about your junk?

Yup I asked and if I get crap for asking oh well. But seriously aren't you worried about your junk ?? I understand as a guy most of you feel the need to constantly adjust yourself but it seems more so when you have a harness or your rig on. Is it really a problem??
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

LuckyMcSwervy

Nut Under. Like a line over but a nut under the leg strap.

ETA: I'm a chick, I have no nuts but understand the importance of not having a nut under. :)

That happened to me on one of my first jumps.:S
That was the longest canopy ride I ever had.[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Oh sure. Having some of the equipment incorrectly stowed is a nightmare of mine. Along with forgetting to remove the seat belt while sitting on the back bench. But it's not that hard to make sure it's all in the correct location prior to a jump. Contrary to popular belief, it's not that bulky and typically stays where you put it. It's not like, two bean bag chairs or something.

*edit* When I was like, 8, I was tossing a football with a cousin of mine and at one point the football managed to bounce and spike itself straight into my fuzzy little nutsack. This was by far the worst pain I'd ever experienced up until this point. My uncle, who was an Indian (dot, not feather) doctor, told me I'd survive. This did not seem like helpful advice. So yeah, I make an effort to protect the junk. But the junk tends to be reasonably well behaved for all that, and thus far I have not had a problem with it while skydiving.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Hi-5,
What Jerry said and remember the scene in Apocalypse Now in the Helo on the gun run to the beach?? The riverboat guy says to the army dudes,"Why are you'll sitting on your helmets?" The army dude says,"So we don,t get our balls shot off!"
As for your ??, With "Split saddle" harnesses as have been common for ages now, each leg strap wraps around your upper thigh. Now the old "Swing seat" as on old mil-surp like the B-4 rigs, ya' had to be more careful!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

I have a jumpsuit that was made incorrectly due to a measurement error I made. The leg inseam is just slightly too short which makes it very hard to tighten the leg straps tight enough.

On one jump with this suit, during free fall I could feel things moving around and I realized that I was having what people are referring to as a nut under. The anticipation of the incoming pain after break off and during the track was actually worse then the actual pain. After that I've taken very good care getting things right.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

promise5

Ok so if it's not a problem then why can't ya'lol sit still and why are you constantly adjusting everything. Seriously:P

We promise to play with our junk less if you play with it for us more:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

promise5

Yup I asked and if I get crap for asking oh well. But seriously aren't you worried about your junk ?? I understand as a guy most of you feel the need to constantly adjust yourself but it seems more so when you have a harness or your rig on. Is it really a problem??

Yes. The consequences for inattention or neglect in this are...

Severe.

Ok so if it's not a problem then why can't ya'lol sit still and why are you constantly adjusting everything. Seriously :P

I don't "constantly adjust everything." Once I'm geared up properly, everything stays where it's supposed to.

Some guys do that, but that doesn't require being geared up. they just have a need to constantly touch themselves. Tons of stand up comedy material about this.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I don't "constantly adjust everything." Once I'm geared up properly, everything stays where it's supposed to.

WHILE gearing up I do my initial 'Junk Check'...it's like a pin check only it's tougher to get someone else to do it for you.

Subconsciously ~ part of the - 3 checks of 3's - also includes a Junk Check...if you ever wonder why so many people keep fondling their hakey, same thing ~ ya wanna KNOW that something very important, is where it's supposed to be!

Guys have an internal audible alert which activates during deployment in the case of a nut-under malfunction, wuffos often refer to it as screaming...

Once a jumper has heard that alert - either personally or from the ground 3000' below, they tend to be REAL careful on future dives to insure they never hear it again.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

ryoder

***Nut Under. Like a line over but a nut under the leg strap.

ETA: I'm a chick, I have no nuts but understand the importance of not having a nut under. :)

Same here.

Happened once - NEVER again. Pain teaches....

yoink

******Nut Under. Like a line over but a nut under the leg strap.

Same here.

Happened once - NEVER again. Pain teaches....

OK seriously, a distressing number of guys seem to have experienced this malfunction first hand! Were you being careful before?
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?