greybeard

prelude to a charitable ask

i work for Habitat for Humanity Tucson. We espouse 'a hand up, not a hand out'.

We build holmes with volunteer labor and sell them to deserving families who have invested sweat equity hours on site and will pay a twenty five year morgate at zero interest. This formula works. Thirty three years in Tucson and four hundred homes have show less than 1 % foreclosure rate. Folks the conventional banks would not even talk to. Plus, these families have shown a 300% increased success rate in the children reaching and succeeding in higher education, attributed to a stable, secure and safe home environment. I am in touch with mods here to find a way to solicite without offense. Stay tuned.

It's been great. B|

We've raised over $145K for lupus research over 7-8 years. The generosity and support of so many people in the skydiving community, esp. the manufacturers and dealers, has been amazing.

Valinda and I were up at an open house Thursday night for our recipients, the Univ. of WA Division of Rheumatology. The occasion was the relocation into their new facility in the burgeoning Lake Union medical research campus in Seattle. We were proud to see Leap for Lupus listed in the presentation as one of the important supporters of their research work. Dr. Keith Elkon reiterated how important our contributions have been to helping them recruit and retain young talented researchers. Really makes all the hard work worth it. B|