skydiverek

22-mile, 36-km jump today, LIVE here:

OK so…he’s going to jump and fall for like 5 min?
5 solid minutes?
WTF will he do for all that time?
Contemplate the meaning of life?
I mean sure it sounds like fun and I’m sure it’s a hell of an amazing thing to do but…well…aaahhh why can’t he wing suit it or maybe do some free flying? Or hell grab a surf board!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

If you read the website it says he will be flying in a delta s head down orientation to go faster and to try and break the sound barrier.

I'm curious to see if he will throw in a 270 on landing B|

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

The jump should be happening around midnight where I'm at in the world so I get to sit around drinking beers watching the fun. I just hope the internet at the guest house I'm staying at work well enough for the live feed.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

How come? Couldn't find a reason except for "high winds." Anyone know what the tolerance is? Winds were around 1 mph but uppers must have been kicking?

yeah 17mph
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

just got canceled for today:(

Which won me another 20.00 bet...AGAIN! B|

How much money did you make off that Canadian guy? :P

I wuz watchin' a football game at the local sports bar Sunday and there were not only commercials about the jump, but 'sports news' coverage as well.

I said ~ considering it's a one time, never before or AGAIN event...

~and considering the amount of FREE advertising Pink Cow is getting on the news.

That from a marketing stand-point it makes perfect sense to have a couple 'er few launch delays prolonging the free hype.

Today the winds went down enough to float that gas-bag but GEEE...radio problems. :o[:/] ~ :P

Once he deploys the canopy and lands there's a what, 48-72 hour free 'how cool' media blitz, news - talk shows - print.

Then anything ya see, is on the marketing dime of the 'Energy Udder' sponsor.

Y'all just wait N see...TOMORROW somebody is gonna steal Felix's rig. There wll be a low speed chase from Roswell to southern Argentina in a white bronco.

Hourly helicopter live updates, nightly reports on the evening news showing pictures of the crime, with little numbers & circles on the front, and on the back, hand written descriptions, DESCRIBING what's in the numbers and the circles on the front.

Trust me, they'll que it up for Christmas, and THEN call it AGAIN because of ATC concerns about slammin' into Santa at Mach!

Think I'm kidding? :o

Remember, this is the outfit with the mahogany row approved corporate mission statement green-lighting a USPA BOD take over so they could rewrite the demo jumpin' rules! >:(

Gonnal be blue & silver cans of energy drink in vending machines aboard the ISS before this thing ever comes off. :D:D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Today the winds went down enough to float that gas-bag but GEEE...radio problems. :o[:/] ~ :P

You are being a little harsh on Felix, aren't you?[:/]
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

showing pictures of the crime, with little numbers & circles on the front, and on the back, hand written descriptions, DESCRIBING what's in the numbers and the circles on the front.

:D:D:D

GLOSSY 8 x 10s, IIRC.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

How come? Couldn't find a reason except for "high winds." Anyone know what the tolerance is? Winds were around 1 mph but uppers must have been kicking?

4mph is the max end of the ideal uppers while the gondola is still on the ground and the envelope will enter the uppers. Compensation sometimes can be made with the launch crane truck depending on the direction.
Take care,
space

according to my tivo he is gonna try again this sun morn at 8 am;) mybe the winds will be o.k. good luck to him I hope he gets it

i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .