Backintothesky

Just received this private message

Can't seem to post in the "Scam" sub forum, but here it is.:)

Hello My Dear,

Greetings, it is my pleasure to contact you after going through your profile.I expect that you are not going to let down this trust am about to repose on you for the fact that we have not yet known or written to each other before. Though I will not compel you to honor this proposal,against your will, but first let me introduce myself to you.

My name is Ms. Sofia Johnson from Ivory Coast West Africa.I am the only child of my late parents and that has made me to run away from our family house because my uncles and my step mother is after my life as they want to have full access to my inheritance.

My dream is to find somebody overseas whom I can trust with my future life and inheritance, also who can be able to assist me for relocation abroad and also assist me in my investment plans abroad. I am seriously searching for a very reliable person, who will assist me in this investment plans over there.

I have some reasonable amount worth 4.500,000$ USD which I inherited from my late father who was a traditional ruler and an international business man before his sudden death.Presently I am ready to relocate out of this country and come over there to your area,in order to secure a resident permit and investment establishment in luctrative avenues.I wish to invest in areas like (Hospital Equipment, Transportation, Agricultural Project and Real Estate).

I need to invest the money in your base because of my the political instability here.Please your assistance is highly needed to enable me achieve my educational career in your country.
Your urgent response is needed so that I will give you full details on my plans for relocating to your country for these establishment.Please should in case if you are not in a good position to work with me on this aspect.I will appreciate you inform me immediately.
waiting for your urgent response.
Faithfully
Reply to my private e-mail box. ([email protected])

Ms.Sofia Johnson

Anything from anywhere in Africa? SCAM. Purporting to be a member of a ruling family? SCAM. Its amazing these keep popping up and some people keep falling for them. :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Once they get you to respond favorably to them they tell you you'll get a truck load of money. Just send them ten, twelve thousand bucks... to cover taxes and transfer fees, whatever. They get your money and you get nothing in return. They all seem to come from African Coastal towns.

Chuck

JoeyH

I'm somewhat of a noob to this site so ill ask, why is anything from Africa considered a scam?

It's not this site, it's everywhere.

http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/scamsandidentitytheft/ss/top10inetscams.htm
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Now I feel left out, all I got was

Your order for our air commuter services has been taken and processed. The helicopter will be at your disposal from 0.15 a.m. saturday to 23.30 tuesday. Once again, our rates are:
1 hour in the air: 618$
Takeoff / Landing: 157$
1 hour down time on the ground: 150$
Longest period in the air is 5 hours.
When flying for longer distances, a second pilot is needed, and the cost consequently increases by 102$ per hour.

Bill you will be find in the attachment.(Open with Internet Explorer Only)

Best Wishes
Russell London

:S

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Senders of this sort of junk are often called 419ers, after a clause in the Nigerian criminal code. Wikipedia has a lot to say on the subject. If you ask yourself why an obscure clause in an African criminal code became a byword for this sort of scam, there's your answer.
Anne

I've also just read your profile. No email, no location, no home dropzone, no container, ... . You seem like the perfect person to get involved in exciting, clandestine work. We'll just need to do a background check. If you could post your birthdate, social security number, parents' names and birthdates, home address, and the number of one bank account as a reference......

The really sad part is that some people fall for shit like this. That's why the scammers keep doing it. Did I tell you about the Nigerian guy who wanted to buy the freezer I posted for sale on Craigslist?
You don't have to outrun the bear.