FlyingRhenquest

Ok... So...

I just tried this year's version of Left Hand's "Fade to Black" beer and find myself in the unusual position of wanting to discard the rest of the six pack. This has never happened to me before. Do you just empty the bottles and chuck them? I'm halfway tempted to just return the remainder of the six pack to the brewery, which is about a mile from my house. But if I did I think I'd be inclined to yell at someone, and I don't really have the energy for that.

I'm not sure if they decided to go with a super-hoppy mix, quinine, possibly arsenic (I guess I'll know in a couple of hours, it would at least be living up to its name then) or just whatever crap was left on the brewery floor after the flooding. Whatever it was they did, they should never do that again.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

promise5

That's just the normal taste of beer.

I've drunk a LOT of beer over the years. I've never had this reaction to it before. When I was in college I had a frat rat room mate so I had to learn to like dark beer. If I put Guiness or darker in the fridge, he wouldn't touch it and I'd have beer for the weekend. I and my friends started on Guiness and graduated to Young's "Old Nick" Barley Wine.

This year's Fade to Black tastes like someone tried to cross a porter with an IPA and managed to get the worst attributes of both. Somewhere along the way I became partial to tonic water and the citrussy bitterness of quinine, but this stuff doesn't even have that going for it. I'm now regretting not buying the growler of Dead Guy Ale, instead.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Feedback is feedback.

Just stick a note on the 5-pack saying "yeah... whatever you did, don't do that again" and leave it outside their office. I'd be surprised if someone didn't actually pay at least some attention to the message - and appreciate the fact someone took the time to give it.

You'd hope.

wildcard451

***Oh fer fucks sake... take it back or pour it down the drain. In either case, get on with your life. :S

firstworldproblems?

Funniest #firstworldproblems thing I've ever heard:

"getting red wine vomit on your beige cashmere sweater thanks to the passenger in 1D"

:D
Always be kinder than you feel.

Mine was... "Having to put down my coffee to go make sure the maid washes my lingerie in cold water."

Its almost a cross between Frasier and Steven Wright.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

FlyingRhenquest

Turns out they made this year's batch with rye. I guess now we know why we don't do that.

So it's not to your taste. Good thing there's a lot more beer out there. Give 'em your feedback and try something else.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Brew your own.
Then you can bitch at yourself when you fuck it up or your creativity goes sideways and it tastes like shit. Hey, you will only be out upwards of 20 bucks or so.

But if you happen to brew really good stuff like some folks here, even the swoop gods will envy you provided you share at the DZ.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

Dig deep into past greats -- there's still Texas Pride, Dixie, and Jax (for the E. Texas circuit) to go :ph34r:

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

When I pick trash on the roadside (both Houston and NH), Bud Light seems to be the beer of choice of litterbugs [:/]. More in NH, because that's rural, and in Houston it's city streets -- too easy to be seen.

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

When I pick trash on the roadside (both Houston and NH), Bud Light seems to be the beer of choice of litterbugs [:/]. More in NH, because that's rural, and in Houston it's city streets -- too easy to be seen.

Wendy P.

If I was drinking Bud Light, I'd want to ditch the evidence ASAP, too!:$
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

FlyingRhenquest

I just tried this year's version of Left Hand's "Fade to Black" beer and find myself in the unusual position of wanting to discard the rest of the six pack. This has never happened to me before. Do you just empty the bottles and chuck them? I'm halfway tempted to just return the remainder of the six pack to the brewery, which is about a mile from my house. But if I did I think I'd be inclined to yell at someone, and I don't really have the energy for that.

I'm not sure if they decided to go with a super-hoppy mix, quinine, possibly arsenic (I guess I'll know in a couple of hours, it would at least be living up to its name then) or just whatever crap was left on the brewery floor after the flooding. Whatever it was they did, they should never do that again.

Easy answer . . .

Give it to a packer you don't like and say its from a jumper you don't like.:):):)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun