hobie331

Him, Him or Hymn, Hymn

This has likely been addressed in the past but a search didn't really give me what I wanted and I'm too lazy to continue the search. I've always seen it as Him, Him Fuck Him. However, in Sugar Alpha I see it as Hymn, Hymn, Fuck Him. So, you that have been around longer than myself, which is it and can you elaborate on the history.
It's a gift, I don't try to explain it.

It's "Hymn, Hymn, Fuck Him!!

Think of it starting out as a group song, Hyyyyymmmmmnnnn, Hyyyyymmmmmnnnn....

Then a loud and thunderous, "FUCK HIM!!!!!"

Just one old version of its origin: http://www.starcrestawards.com/awards/awards_ceremony.html

There are many.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

hobie331

This has likely been addressed in the past but a search didn't really give me what I wanted and I'm too lazy to continue the search. I've always seen it as Him, Him Fuck Him. However, in Sugar Alpha I see it as Hymn, Hymn, Fuck Him. So, you that have been around longer than myself, which is it and can you elaborate on the history.

I read that as well. Learn something new every day! :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

I've always seen it as Him, Him Fuck Him.

I thought so too because for a female, "her, her, fuck her" has been used. Huh!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

oldwomanc6

Its the last line to the Skydiver's Hymn -

Here's to him, to him, to him
Here's to him, the best of him all.
He eats it, he beats it, he often mistreats it,
Here's to him, the best of them all.
Him, him, fuck him!

Courtesy of faulknerwn

In re-researching this... checked rec.skydiving as far back as 1998 (That doesn't seem like it should be 15 years ago :S) and defer to Wendy about the proper Him Hymn ;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

normiss

Why in the world skydivers would ever refer to a religious song is beyond me.
It HAS to be "him".
Please.
:D:D:D:D

Many years ago there was a DZ in IL named "The First Church of Skydiving".:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Just one old version of its origin: http://www.starcrestawards.com/awards/awards_ceremony.html

Wow! Middle photo - that's me in the back standing just left of center in the white t-shirt. There's my old girlfriend, Kim, sitting in the front in black shorts!

That was at Skydive Houston around '98 or so.

promise5

How's the book? In waiting for mine. A friend said it was a good read, but he actually met the guy.

It's awesome. I actually bought it on release day purely by chance for my Kindle (I didn't know it was a new book until later), and was enthralled.
cavete terrae.

grue

***How's the book? In waiting for mine. A friend said it was a good read, but he actually met the guy.

It's awesome. I actually bought it on release day purely by chance for my Kindle (I didn't know it was a new book until later), and was enthralled.speaking of book, where are mine :P you know the ones you said you sent :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

******How's the book? In waiting for mine. A friend said it was a good read, but he actually met the guy.

It's awesome. I actually bought it on release day purely by chance for my Kindle (I didn't know it was a new book until later), and was enthralled.speaking of book, where are mine :P you know the ones you said you sent :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

You never received that parcel?!?
cavete terrae.

I'm guessing it's a regional thing subject to endless debate.

I was taught Hymn, Hymn fuck him.

On to more important things.

How should it be delivered?

A loud but fervent Hyyyyyyyyymn, Hyyyyyyyyymn Fuuuuuuuck Hiiiiiiiim.

That really fucks with the whuffos heads in a bar.

Or a loud shout out, HIM, HIM FUCK HIM.

I've heard it both ways.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

We always started our version with a long Himmmmm (Hymmmmm - who knows) in harmony to warm up our vocal chords for the "Fuck Him" closing. ;)

We did this once in the concourse of Houston Intercontinental Airport to send a buddy off, Mark Archibald, as he passed through the boarding gate. It brought himmm to tears!

ryoder

***Why in the world skydivers would ever refer to a religious song is beyond me.
It HAS to be "him".
Please.
:D:D:D:D

Many years ago there was a DZ in IL named "The First Church of Skydiving".:D

I once attended the First Church of Holy Free Fall. Services were every Saturday & Sunday at 10, between 12 & 2. ;)