yarpos

why is everyone screaming?

Why is it ,in American movies, that as soon as there is the slightest moment of pressure or tension people are screaming at one another?

Why is it audiences of oprah and simiilar are always shrieking in adulation?

Never noticed it so much when travelling there except in the " Look at me! Look at me!" places like la and nyc where 100 db restaurants seem common.

Just wondering.........
regards, Steve
the older I get...the better I was

Movies are not real.

Oprah is not quite real and the audiences are instructed how to react.

People raise their voices in restaurants because it is noisy and they have to do it to be heard. That makes it more noisy.

Were you looking for some validation that America is a hell-hole of cultural depravity?

NewGuy2005

Movies are not real.

Oprah is not quite real and the audiences are instructed how to react.

People raise their voices in restaurants because it is noisy and they have to do it to be heard. That makes it more noisy.

Were you looking for some validation that America is a hell-hole of cultural depravity?

agree they are not real, but they do provide windows into cultures and attitudes. If you watch movies made , and culturally identifiable as say French, British , Scandinavian you see threads of behavior good and bad that carry through to the real world. Maybe I just watching to much B grade crap.

Not sure how you get to "hell hole of cultural depravity" from a question about volume levels. Traveled to the US often and enjoyed lots of it and challenged by other parts.
regards, Steve

obelixtim

***Why are you watching Oprah?

Yeah, why?. Hand in your man card.

Oprah is a beacon of intellectual excellence in the barren wasteland that is Oz TV, she is a godess, my hero.

or

I saw her on the news when she came here, wondered why all the local women where screaming, then they showed excerpts from the show in the US where she gave away the tickets ...... more screaming. They appear to have learnt thats what you do, in the presence of the great lady. She must be like CEOs who tour their offices around the world and always smelling fresh paint, wherever she goes people scream.
regards, Steve