airtwardo

So who's sitting next to YOU?

Re: who sat next to you???

don't fly commercial to often,,,so I have limited opportunities IN the air...
However We were flying through O'Hare, a long time ago and while waiting for a connection, we Saw a couple, sort of off in a corner and all very cuddly.....Very attractive man Very attractive Woman... and as we moved around in the waiting area, to get a better view, hahahah;) we realized that it WAS Mark Harmon and Heather Locklear.. !!! :oB| no joke...:|

It was right around the time of HER " Dynasty " days...
hahahaH !!! and there they were.. kissin' in an airport. :P:$:)never approached them ....
we went our way, they went theirs...

Fun thread... and to answer your question twardo...IF i'm in a plane the people sitting near me and around me are usually my jumping buddies...B| One of the reason that I LIKE skydiving airplanes as compared to commercial airplanes.

jmy scr scs nscr

airtwardo

WHO sat next to YOU?

On a flight from London to Los Angeles I sat behind Pauley Perrette(Abby from NCIS). I didn't want to bother her during the flight, but after we landed and were waiting to deplane we talked for a couple minutes. She was very nice and friendly, especially considering we had just spent 11 hours on an airplane.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

we Saw a couple, sort of off in a corner and all very cuddly.....Very attractive man Very attractive Woman... and as we moved around in the waiting area, to get a better view,

~Walking through LAX years ago, I looked 20 feet to my left and saw Eddie Murphy. Louder than I meant to I said
"Hey Eddie Murphy!"
25 people or more turn & look...start screaming and running at him.

He and I made eye contact ~ I got the clearest YOU ASSHOLE look I've ever received!

~Once at John Wayne airport, wife & I had a couple hours to kill before our flight and were just walking around the terminal.

I walked past this drop dead gorgeous blonde at the ticket counter...had to do a 180 & walk past her again. I'm mean she was PERFECT!

10 minutes later I was looking at magazines in the little snack shop when someone behind me asked where I jump at...I was wearing a Liberty Parachute Team jacket.

Dennis Rodman is standing there smiling at me! We talked for a few minutes when Carmen Electra comes in and puts an arm around him...

20 minutes later I met up with Capt. Mom again at the presidents club, she asked if I'd seen the hot blond in the gownless evening strap & the hit-this high-heels walking around.

Told her it was Carmen And that I'd met she and Dennis Rodman earlier..."Who's Dennis Rodman?"

From two tables down we hear "He's that 7 foot black guy with all the tattoos who BOUGHT her those heels" Rodman says smiling.

Dennis & Carmen were in the club having a drink 10 feet away!

OOPS! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Not in the seat next to me but across the aisle from me sat George "The Animal" Steele, former pro wrestling star. He was quite the character. Nobody was sitting in front of him so he pushed the seat back all the way down and propped his feet on it. The flight attendant did ask him to put his feet down and raise the seat back up before approach to landing.

Contrary to his character in the ring, he was pretty articulate on the flight. :D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

...he was pretty articulate on the flight.

Never know huh!

Long flight from Athens last year, I couldn't sleep and was standing in the rear galley chokin' down a cup of airplane coffee & shooting the bull with a male flight attendant in his late 20's or early 30's...

He's scribbling down notes as he's talking to me, at first I thought it was something to do with 'work' - then realized he was taking notes on our conversation?! :o:S

Basic physical description of me, noted my 'accent' was midwest twang...bullet points on our bull session.

I asked only 1/2 jokingly if I was in trouble - he explained that he's a writer, and took the F.A. job like 10 years prior to both make ends meet and meet interesting people to base characters on.

Before I could roll my eyes...he showed me his catalog listings, d00d's got 10-12 real books in print & had just sold his 2nd screen play! B|

*Told him I never thought of myself as an 'interesting character'.

...he said You're NOT!

- but ya do maybe have some elements, that could go INTO a character of interest in a novel. :)>:(

Didn't know whether to thank him or knock him on his ass! :ph34r:

swisschris62

Clearly, he hasn't spoken to you since your bike trip this summer...
Maybe NOW that you've put another adventure or two under your belt you can become your very own " character".

:D:D;) ~ The trip from Houston TO Oshkosh was certainly an adventure - the ride BACK was more of a horror story!

Spent 6 hours under a highway bridge in Missouri with some Ahhhh, rather 'interesting characters'.

2am wrapped up in a parachute to keep warm, lightning crashing down all around...watching the 'Club' rider next to me stick his finger into his bikes oil tank to get some lube for the action of the gun he was cleaning.

7am it quits raining but traffic is backed up as far as the eye can see...seems somewhere up ahead the highway had washed out during the night - 6 of us on bikes are riding the 'wrong way' on the shoulder for 25 minutes to find a ramp and get OFF that bitch.

THEN it got BAD! :S:D

Reading a map @ waffle house I elected to take 2 lane black-tops south the rest of the way to Texas. Nuthin' like small midwest farming communities to keep ya awake & moving!

"...you ain't FROM around here are ya boy" :o:$

Final scene of Easy Rider, playing on a continuous loop in my head...:o

Back in my mis-spent youth, I had a buddy who was a small-time dealer in...uh...assorted "plant materials". His apartment always looked like Jesse Pinkman's house when Jesse was hosting the non-stop meth-head parties.

Well, I dropped in there one evening and there were some "motorcycle enthusiasts" there buying plant material. Then someone got the idea we should all head up to a nightclub together. You know, when you show up at a nightclub in the company of a dozen Bandidos, everyone gives you a *lot* of space.:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I've had two brushes with "fame" so far.

When I was a paramedic back in 86, I treated a high profile local DJ. Seems he had a bad habit of mixing tequila and ulcers. He was in such bad shape that he didn't flinch when I stuck him with a 16 gauge IV.

Second time was after I retired my retirement job was working at the Apple store where I sold an iPhone to a DJ on a local talk radio station who had a national show. What would have been an otherwise routine sale turned into an investigation when it turned out he had not one but two fraudulent accounts in his name. Sale took two and a half hours. >:(

Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

BillyVance

Not in the seat next to me but across the aisle from me sat George "The Animal" Steele, former pro wrestling star. He was quite the character. Nobody was sitting in front of him so he pushed the seat back all the way down and propped his feet on it. The flight attendant did ask him to put his feet down and raise the seat back up before approach to landing.

Contrary to his character in the ring, he was pretty articulate on the flight. :D

Mid 80's and I'm standing behind a guy in a leather jacket with an "American Dream" patch on it. I think to my 9 year old self, this guy is more into wrestling than I am. He turns around and it's Dusty Rhodes.

I guess he flew out of Orlando a lot but it blew my mind. :)

Many years ago I was returning from a trip to France and Mike Love, lead singer for the Beach Boys, was on the flight. He bought everyone on the flight an ice cream!
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Yesterday morning at the Hard Rock Seminole I sat next to Rihanna at breakfast. Or so I thought. I STILL believe it was her. I go back to the room and look up her Twitter and it looks like she was in Sydney, Australia the day before. I don't know, time would be tight but I still think it was her. The staff was fawning all over her, she was tucked in a back corner where I was sitting alone, and I heard every word she said with her Bajan accent. Was with a bodyguard/burly friend type. It was 8:30am, she was drinking a mimosa and was rocking this amazing green catsuit, sky high heels and was absolutely stunningly beautiful. I don't know.. was it her? Probably. I'm doubting myself but probably.

I had no idea this dude sitting in first class next to me on a flight from Cincinnati to Atlanta was Shannon Sharpe. The ramp rats were waving at him from the ground. It was the week before Hurricane Katrina, so that was the time frame.

I have more from living in Atlantic City and the celebrities who visit but it's nothing too notable. Diana Ross in an elevator, Frank Sinatra's penthouse, but we weren't on a plane.
Always be kinder than you feel.

First you say you're at Deland for a quick visit (and I was considering going to Deland yesterday)

Now you're saying you were at the Hard Rock in Tampa yesterday morning, a whole 10 mins from my house?

Are you stalking me?:P:D

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I once sat by someone who owned a Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and mistakenly got it mixed up with a hamburger joint! Oops. :D Other than that, no one famous that I'm aware of on a plane ride.

I did see Rachel McAdams walking in Berlin when I was over there last year. Now that was random!

Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.
-Raymond Lindquist

theonlyski

First you say you're at Deland for a quick visit (and I was considering going to Deland yesterday)

Now you're saying you were at the Hard Rock in Tampa yesterday morning, a whole 10 mins from my house?

Are you stalking me?:P:D

I was in Hollywood at that one. The BEST one. :P Stopped in DeLand on the way home. For a whole 15 minutes to try to see some friends from Cross Keys who are now there. :P:P:P

Trafficdiver

***Not in the seat next to me but across the aisle from me sat George "The Animal" Steele, former pro wrestling star. He was quite the character. Nobody was sitting in front of him so he pushed the seat back all the way down and propped his feet on it. The flight attendant did ask him to put his feet down and raise the seat back up before approach to landing.

Mid 80's and I'm standing behind a guy in a leather jacket with an "American Dream" patch on it. I think to my 9 year old self, this guy is more into wrestling than I am. He turns around and it's Dusty Rhodes.

That dude is now older than dirt. :o

I've crossed paths with a few old wrestlers and some who were still in the business, in various airports and planes: The Iron Shiek (I thought he would be a lot bigger but he was using a walker then), Arn Anderson (fucker was taller and bigger than I thought), and George Steele wasn't traveling alone either, two others were with him, both that I recognized as well (Paul Roma and Brad Rheingans from the old AWA). Only those three together I had a chance to chat with. The Iron Shiek looked pathetic but he still gave a weak smile when I realized who he was.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

LuckyMcSwervy

Yesterday morning at the Hard Rock Seminole I sat next to Rihanna at breakfast. Or so I thought. I STILL believe it was her. I go back to the room and look up her Twitter and it looks like she was in Sydney, Australia the day before. I don't know, time would be tight but I still think it was her. The staff was fawning all over her, she was tucked in a back corner where I was sitting alone, and I heard every word she said with her Bajan accent. Was with a bodyguard/burly friend type. It was 8:30am, she was drinking a mimosa and was rocking this amazing green catsuit, sky high heels and was absolutely stunningly beautiful. I don't know.. was it her? Probably. I'm doubting myself but probably.

Apparently, it probably wasn't her as she's been photographed in South Africa recently. Kudos to the stunningly beautiful woman who looks and speaks exactly like her. Lucky chick!!

BillyVance

All this talk about Pro Wrestling ~

Here's a pic of the Original 'SUPERSTAR' ... he's standing with some weird lookin' guy in tights. ;)

airtwardo

***Not in the seat next to me but across the aisle from me sat George "The Animal" Steele, former pro wrestling star. He was quite the character. Nobody was sitting in front of him so he pushed the seat back all the way down and propped his feet on it. The flight attendant did ask him to put his feet down and raise the seat back up before approach to landing.

All this talk about Pro Wrestling ~

Here's a pic of the Original 'SUPERSTAR' ... he's standing with some weird lookin' guy in tights. ;)

Yep, Superstar Billy Graham, right?

A few of those wrestlers use to live in a nudist camp in Land-o-Lakes. Friend of mine lived there. Interesting place.
I've never sat next to anyone famous in a commercial airplane, just fat people. But if you talk bars. I got a list.

U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316