shropshire

So, what are you reading at the moment?

Someone resurrected a 10-year-old thread of mine on Saturday. I think it was the second or third thread I ever started.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Just finished up Stephen Donaldson's last book in the Thomas Covenant series.....The Last Dark. (I wish he'd have finished it with him waking up in front of the car from the first trilogy of the series).

now just picking up some single filler books from other series that are finished, but have had a few recent offerings that flesh out the mid plot (Goodkind, Feist)

Not quite sure what's next...all my major series that I've been reading for the last couple decades are all completed. One sign of getting very old.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

NWFlyer

***And NWFlyer gets this week's award for resurrecting old threads.

Eh, only 2 1/2 years old and it's still early in the week. I won't accept that award just yet. :P

Plus, "what are you reading" threads are timeless. And it's coming on winter, so people are starting to read again. B|

OK, "The Pleasure of Finding Things Out", Richard Feynman

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Fire Star: Fire Star Saga, Book 1
by Michael Flynn

Slow start. but filling in nicely.

Right now it is dealing with a corporate experiment dealing with schooling.
Corporate took over a district of schools to try to improve the "output".

So far its interesting how the corporation is calling the education the product, and the students the consumer.:)
Not like in today's world, where you have it the other way round.

I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Boogers

"Jackdaws" by Ken Follet. Female British secret agents parachuting into France to sabotage a Nazi communication center before D-Day. Unfortunately, the parachuting scene consisted of only about two sentences...

I think I've read all of Follet's books. Good storyteller.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Working my way through the "Ice and Fire" series (Game of Thrones) before sleepy time. Listening to "United States and the Middle East 1914 to 9/11" on the ride back and forth to work.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

kallend

***"Jackdaws" by Ken Follet. Female British secret agents parachuting into France to sabotage a Nazi communication center before D-Day. Unfortunately, the parachuting scene consisted of only about two sentences...

I think I've read all of Follet's books. Good storyteller.

While this book was fiction, it was written in honor of some real life female secret agents who operated in enemy territory in WWII.

"Map Thief" by Heather Terrell

The Portuguese and Spanish were thought to have been the first to navigate the world by sea in the 1400's, and their international prestige depended upon that honor. What would happen if a map turned up in a recent archeological project that proved that it was actually the Chinese who first ruled the seas and discovered the unknown continents? It would turn history upside-down. Many influential people would be ruined. National honors lost. To what extent would they go to hide the truth? Who would protect the newly discovered map and the truth from the bad guys?

Nataly

Les Fourmis. Recommend it to anyone who has a reasonable level of French :)

Great read although it is available in english, Empire of the Ants. It's a trilogy by the way

I just finished The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom and enjoyed it quite a bit... Finally got around to reading Sugar Alpha which is a fun read