wee

AAD: cypres vs. vigil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My point was I replied to you replying to me, and did not see that someone else had answered it already

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what's happening to me all the time
For me it is much easier to find a good excuse:
I am an alien

Well sorry, sometimes I don't have time to read all the replies after I get a reply....And I don't want to ignore the person who replied to me.

Unlike what some people think...I do have a job.;)

Edit: I do wish people would take the time to read the maunals that they get. You can learn tons.

I had to learn that a CYPRES does not arm till it goes above 1500 feet by having a buddy bounce and wondering why. Only after he died did we read the maual and fiqure that little gem out.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Only after he died did we read the maual and fiqure that little gem out

Dear Lord, that's the hard way to learn. Sorry to hear that [:/]

Made my AFF, consolidations, end of 2002, not in Germany, but later my German licence here, begin of 2003.

I remember my instructors were good, all of them. The German one was extremely rigid but, that was fully OK. Made all what had to be done. But to tell the truth: How a Cypres works (exactly!) I learned on DZ.com! By asking, reading, simply checking out.

You know, presently there is a huge discussion here regarding Vigil, especially in students' rigs (Permission denied).

There should be a certain competition in the market.
Just my idea as a bloody beginner.

Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Hi Tom,
Sorry but to find a quote as: on the contrary, when you are totally sure about its reliability in the time, why do we have to impose us/you a periodic maintenance? in the same letter in which actually is written that most problems are only solved since October is nothing less than arrogant!

After your recall would some modesty be in place.

Femke:)

Hi Tom,
Sorry but to find a quote as: on the contrary, when you are totally sure about its reliability in the time, why do we have to impose us/you a periodic maintenance? in the same letter in which actually is written that most problems are only solved since October is nothing less than arrogant!

After your recall would some modesty be in place.

My reading of that document doesn't jive with your claim that the most problems were solved last month. Just the pressure concern that lead of units erroring out in (?) Holland. The recall was beginning of the year.

My reading of that document doesn't jive with your claim that the most problems were solved last month. Just the pressure concern that lead of units erroring out in (?) Holland. The recall was beginning of the year.

The units do not only erroring out in Holland but at many DZ's around sea level.
The units were sold as water resistant (Swooping? NO PROBLEM) It turned out to be a problem and Vigil changed this by just changing the handbook.
They are having version D!!! In less than one year (The A version was replaced by the B version (the recall of April). Meanwhile there has been a C version (what was wrong with the B? (which by the way most skydivers still have)

If you want to be able to jump everywhere you had to send back your Vigil already twice this year. (No maintanance??)

Look at the problems since april (just check this forum and under them are Vigil users)

Put this with the concerns of most technicians here about aging etc and I conclude that Femke has a point:(

I apologize. The number of Vigils in the world right now is closer to 1,500, not 5,000 as I stated earlier. Alzheimers must be setting in earlier than planned.

And if you can't remember your off the hook..:S
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.