promise5

Best coffee??

jumpwally

Try Jamaican Blue Mountian,,,its very low acid,,awesome flavor,,after that its Kona Blend from Hawaii...

Over Ice, like Iced Tea - No sugar, no cream.

I like my coffee like I like my women . . . Black, Ice Cold, and BITTER!:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I dont know what youve had but Starbucs blows chunks and tastes nothing like Kona,,,,,,What everyone here is taking for granted is the water to make the coffee,,water tastes diff from place to place so there is a variable,,i thimk using softened water has an adverse effect,,,(think salt )[:/]

smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

I guess if you can get a good roaster the coffee from Hawaii would be amazing. but what everybody sells as "kona coffee" here is over roasted and stale. I am a professional Specialty coffee Barista. I know good coffee :P You dont want to use soft water. Try to get some RO water for brewing and mix in about 1/8 tap water back in. That should improve your coffee a bunch. the salt in soft water takes out a lot of the bad flavors and leaves in a lot of the good flavors so you get a badly extracted cup of coffee. you want mostly ro water with about 125 PPM added minerals. I dont suspect you have a TDS or PPM monitor so 7/8 RO and 1/8 tap water should be okay for your purposes

Carpe Diem, even if it kills me

promise5

Tundra mudd, Outhouse blend, Artic Wolf
All names of great Alaskan coffee. :P

OK, I knew about Kopi Luwak, but they are using people now???:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hi-5,
Good coffee is what ya' like. I grew up in SE Louisiana so the local stuff is always "Strong!!" The chicory thing is also local and from New Orleans, Community coffee has a "New Orleans Blend of Coffee and Chicory" that's my favorite. Now for Espresso or Capuccino look out!! Twas a place in Costa mesa Ca., don't thnk it's still there, Diedriches Coffee!! They had a great selection!! Now for a Capuccino, fix up your Krupps machine and get it going. Next get a 12oz. Beer mug and put in a jigger of Irish Cream, Coffee Liquor, Dark rum and some Amaretto or the like. When the steam comes up, froth up the liquor and then pour the whole caraffe of espresso over that. You can add a bit of whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon if you want. I call it a "Cutaway!!" Enjoy!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Community coffee. Is that only sold in Louisiana? I had a friend send me some coffee from there that could only be bought there. It was soooooo good! I lost contact with him [:/] and I don't remember the name if the coffee he sent me. It actually beat tundra mudd.

No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

skybill

Hi-5,
Good coffee is what ya' like. I grew up in SE Louisiana so the local stuff is always "Strong!!" The chicory thing is also local and from New Orleans, Community coffee has a "New Orleans Blend of Coffee and Chicory" that's my favorite. Now for Espresso or Capuccino look out!! Twas a place in Costa mesa Ca., don't thnk it's still there, Diedriches Coffee!! They had a great selection!! Now for a Capuccino, fix up your Krupps machine and get it going. Next get a 12oz. Beer mug and put in a jigger of Irish Cream, Coffee Liquor, Dark rum and some Amaretto or the like. When the steam comes up, froth up the liquor and then pour the whole caraffe of espresso over that. You can add a bit of whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon if you want. I call it a "Cutaway!!" Enjoy!!

Hi-5,
Glad ya' like it!!! There are several different Louisiana Coffee and Chicory blend makers available, "Lousiane," "CDM," "French Market," (if they still make it?) and "Community." Community makes several different blends and roasts and has ground and whole bean available. FMI and to "order!!" they have a toll free # 800-525-5583!! I fine grind some of Community's dark roast whole bean for my capuccino's!!! Good stuff!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

davjohns

I generally call it 'coffee flavored milk', but 'drink' will do just fine.

I'm a half coffee/half skim milk girl. Coffee flavored milk pretty much describes mine but I can't go without it in the morning!

I'll try pretty much any mild to medium roast type (not flavored) that's in a K-Cup. I'm lazy.
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

***I generally call it 'coffee flavored milk', but 'drink' will do just fine.

I'm a half coffee/half skim milk girl. Coffee flavored milk pretty much describes mine but I can't go without it in the morning!

I'll try pretty much any mild to medium roast type (not flavored) that's in a K-Cup. I'm lazy.
Hi Karen,
Since you like your coffee/milk mix 1/2-1/2, next time you get to New Orleans, stop by the Cafe' Du Monde on Decatur St. down by Jackson Square. Their Cafe' Au Lait (Cafe-O-Lay) is the traditional 1/2 coffee and 1/2 hot milk poured together. 'Gotta' get some Beignets too! (Ben-Yea's) (little square fritter like donuts with powdered sugar). FMI Google Cafe Du Monde.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

skybill

******I generally call it 'coffee flavored milk', but 'drink' will do just fine.

Hi Karen,
Since you like your coffee/milk mix 1/2-1/2, next time you get to New Orleans, stop by the Cafe' Du Monde on Decatur St. down by Jackson Square. Their Cafe' Au Lait (Cafe-O-Lay) is the traditional 1/2 coffee and 1/2 hot milk poured together. 'Gotta' get some Beignets too! (Ben-Yea's) (little square fritter like donuts with powdered sugar). FMI Google Cafe Du Monde.

Hi Bill - Thanks! I've heard about that place for years. I've never been to New Orleans but one day I'll have to check it out! :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

I was introduced to that place years ago. One of the very best ways to wake up in the morning.

What's the name of the place where all the staff are gay guys in drag? That place had great breakfast.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.