JoeyH

First Mega Structure

What do you think the first mega structure will be? I think it will be a space elevator. We have huge need for it and it would be the first structure to affect everybody in the world simultaneously, HOWEVER, I also think that humans are stupid enough to give up on space exploration(Like nasa kinda has) therefore I dont know what kind of project would be that big and important unless we created travel through the core of the earth possible. I do think that eventually we will put the sun out and use the hydrogen fuel for much more efficient purposes, but that would destroy ET life in this solar system if it exists. not to mention disband the solar system due to lack of gravitational pull fro the sun. Then the space travel question comes. Due to the impossibility of super light travel, we would have to create sleeper technology to go anywhere significant in the universe.... Will humans put forth the effort to do this or think its not worth it? I Strongly disagree with space program cuts but anyway I honestly think humans are going to self destruct eventually. We are the dumbest smart species ever. Yes... Im random, Get over it. :):):)
Carpe Diem, even if it kills me

I don't think anything like that will happen neither will humans ever do any sci-fi movie like space exploration. In my opinion humans will drive this earth to a point that will no longer be able to support human life within the next 10,000 years. The only thing I'm really interested, and really bummed out that I can't see, is what kind of species will evolve to be the dominant species after all humans are dead.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Arvoitus

I don't think anything like that will happen neither will humans ever do any sci-fi movie like space exploration. In my opinion humans will drive this earth to a point that will no longer be able to support human life within the next 10,000 years. The only thing I'm really interested, and really bummed out that I can't see, is what kind of species will evolve to be the dominant species after all humans are dead.

Duh.....cockroaches of course!!!!!:P
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

oldwomanc6

I'm assuming that's you. Where/what/when?

If it happened in the 60's or 70's, he was probably hoping one of us could tell him.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

oldwomanc6

******I'm assuming that's you. Where/what/when?

If it happened in the 60's or 70's, he was probably hoping one of us could tell him.;)

Well, the jumpsuit does look late 70's to me. :D

That was what I was thinking.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

*********I'm assuming that's you. Where/what/when?

Also appears to be a Racer free fall rig.:o
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

************I'm assuming that's you. Where/what/when?

Also appears to be a Racer free fall rig.:o

Actually, I think that is an "SST", which pre-dated the Racer. The top edge of the SST reserve is thicker and more blocky than the Racer (which smoothly tapers into the yoke).

oldwomanc6

******I'm assuming that's you. Where/what/when?

Sorry, I have to to work occassionally. That's my 1000th freefall in 1980 (I think). We believed this to be the first antennae freefall jumps, we were just putting the "A" in BASE. Rig is an early Racer, with a step in harness, Strato-Flyer main and KXX reserve for about 17lbs. Our launch platform is 1,100 ft. Smitty (Phil Smith) as photographer. Check the attached pic for the "late 70s" styling (especially the plastic reserve handle and blast handle), that was our usual jump gear...