WILDBILLAQR

A skydiver lost himself

My good friend made a bad choice! http://www.dcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1086&ArticleID=125565
I wish Larry would have called me before it got to this point! We had over 100 jumps together! Sorry...I dont know how to make it colicky! Lil help please!
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

JohnMitchell

I've seen drugs ruin a lot of lives. Sorry about your loss. [:/]

+1 :(

Wildbill, don't beat yourself wishing he would of came to you for help before his life took a wrong turn, you can't go back or predict this would happen. Cherish the time you got to know who he really was before his mind was altered with drugs or possible life problems that were exasperated by drugs.

You now have, and the people you share your friends story with, a powerful lesson that maybe at least stray one person from following the path your friend took.

I had a friend (who got into hard drugs) who I had to almost strong arm to a mutual friends funeral that overdosed, to give him a taste of reality. A few months later he overdosed.

Sometimes there's not much that you can do, drugs are a hell of a god to worship. Don't kick yourself wishing this or that would of happened. Share your story to help others, that's all we have left aside from remembering the good times.

The best to you, this gentleman's friends, family, and sky community who are affected.

WILDBILLAQR

He was a good skydiver and....until the drugs kicked in...a great friend. As skydivers knew him as "Cable Guy"! So many great times!

I'm so sorry or your loss. I lost a younger brother to a heroin overdose November 3, 2002, while he was IN a rehab facility. I feel your pain about what drugs do to a person's life. :(
Always be kinder than you feel.

We all live on borrowed time. Love your friends while you have them. Last night I pulled out an old log book and laughed my ass off!!! My phone hasn't stopped for two days from friends that I haven't talked to in a year or more! All of them are in that book!
I'm so glad I kept a record, not only for the jump #'s, but for the memories!:D

----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

WILDBILLAQR

We all live on borrowed time. Love your friends while you have them. Last night I pulled out an old log book and laughed my ass off!!! My phone hasn't stopped for two days from friends that I haven't talked to in a year or more! All of them are in that book!
I'm so glad I kept a record, not only for the jump #'s, but for the memories!:D

That's good you have friends to help soften the terrible blow with some laughter!! I used to kiss logbooks and leave a big pucker lip marks (after I put on some bright lipstick) on some people's logbooks after a few celebration or other special jumps. Hope that makes them smile on day. :)
Always be kinder than you feel.