npgraphicdesign

Would you ever consider having children with a friend?

npgraphicdesign

Say you were happy living the single life (or should I say the non-married life), but you were getting up there in age, and you knew you wanted children...would you consider having children with a good friend of the opposite sex? And, how would you go around approaching such an arrangement?

Just curious... ;):)

I wouldn't. I'm of an old school, Catholic line of thinking where children should only be conceived in the sanctity of marriage.

Please don't bash me. I'm just not up for it tonight. :|
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

***Say you were happy living the single life (or should I say the non-married life), but you were getting up there in age, and you knew you wanted children...would you consider having children with a good friend of the opposite sex? And, how would you go around approaching such an arrangement?

I wouldn't. I'm of an old school, Catholic line of thinking where children should only be conceived in the sanctity of marriage.

Why would I (or anyone else) bash you? It's your opinion based on something you believe in. :)
My comment to grue was based on a Facebook comment from a little while back. He knows what I'm referring to... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P

grue

I can't give you an honest answer because I cannot imagine wanting children :D

Same here.;)

But I have *not* had children with a few friends of the opposite sex.:ph34r:
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

promise5

Why not have them on your own?

Beyond the obvious biological impossibility, :P

KIDS ARE HARD, AND A LOT OF WORK! Even with a loving, committed relationship, it's difficult. Having done it (mine are raised and on their own), I can't even imagine doing it by my self on purpose.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

npgraphicdesign

***I can't give you an honest answer because I cannot imagine wanting children :D

You...irresponsible.....ass!!! :P:D:D:D:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:and Selfish too:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Andy9o8

Considering how many people wind up having children with arch-enemies, I'd say having one with a friend is a pretty good idea.

This.;)
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

That's what a sperm donor is for. I just know people if both sexes that have had children in their own. One through a sperm donor the other through a surrogate.

Not to be a downer but consider all the negatives instead if the positives.
It could be a way to ruin a great friendship.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

As a guy "friend" sperm donor, I see this as nothing but trouble. I don't care what kind of legal contract you'd sign ahead of time, you'd probably still end up financially responsible if the woman decided to take it to court.

As a committed relationship; sure. As a "friend" no fucking way.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

promise5

That's what a sperm donor is for. I just know people if both sexes that have had children in their own. One through a sperm donor the other through a surrogate.

An oldie, but it seems to relate....:P
http://www.northwestohio.com/news/story.aspx?id=695228#.Uo1a7sSsiSo

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

promise5

AND . . . screw up an entirely innocent party as well; the kid.

Not saying it couldn't work, but the risk/reward is way too high for just "friend" status.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Andy9o8

Considering how many people wind up having children with arch-enemies, I'd say having one with a friend is a pretty good idea.

:D

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/actor-jason-patrics-custody-battle-shines-light-sperm-19956306

I don't know how close this would be to your agreement but I've seen this story in the news recently.

quade

***That's what a sperm donor is for. I just know people if both sexes that have had children in their own. One through a sperm donor the other through a surrogate.

AND . . . screw up an entirely innocent party as well; the kid.

Not saying it couldn't work, but the risk/reward is way too high for just "friend" status.

+1

What does your family think of this idea?

npgraphicdesign

******Say you were happy living the single life (or should I say the non-married life), but you were getting up there in age, and you knew you wanted children...would you consider having children with a good friend of the opposite sex? And, how would you go around approaching such an arrangement?

Why would I (or anyone else) bash you? It's your opinion based on something you believe in. :)
My comment to grue was based on a Facebook comment from a little while back. He knows what I'm referring to... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P

I meant everyone in general. I respect everyone else's opinion on the subject. Religious views are a touchy subject when it comes to marriage and babies.

LuckyMcSwervy

+1

One day, kid will find out it's on it's own, sooner the better (well not really so, but in a way yes)

What does your family think of this idea?

The Internet forum may be more objective source
What goes around, comes later.