Squeak

4G networks in the USofA

The phone I now travel with is a 4G capable phone which operates on GSM/WCDMA/LTE
does anyone know if it will work with your carriers there?
specifically AT&T?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

The phone I now travel with is a 4G capable phone which operates on GSM/WCDMA/LTE
specifically AT&T?

So long as the frequencies line up, you should be good to go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

specifically AT&T?

Your current provider should know. Also, just knowing the model number of your phone can tell you if it probably won't (dual band), might (tri band) or probably will (quad band or more)

You can look at the tech specs of your phone to see that info and what frequencies your phone will work on.
Owned by Remi #?

labrys

specifically AT&T?

Your current provider should know. Also, just knowing the model number of your phone can tell you if it probably won't (dual band), might (tri band) or probably will (quad band or more)

You can look at the tech specs of your phone to see that info and what frequencies your phone will work on.

Why not just get a throw away phone?

Put your service on hold/pause.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

labrys

Why not find out if the phone will work and if that's even necessary first?

It seems obvious that is being attempted, but if the process is so intensive and unproductive, just streamline it and make it easier.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

It seems obvious that is being attempted, but if the process is so intensive and unproductive, just streamline it and make it easier.

Wow. I didn't realize that anyone would find the idea of simply looking at the tech specs for their phone "so intensive and unproductive". It takes about 30 seconds. At what point do you consider something like that so hard to do that you just throw money at it?

:P
Owned by Remi #?

labrys

Wow. I didn't realize that anyone would find the idea of simply looking at the tech specs for their phone "so intensive and unproductive". It takes about 30 seconds. At what point do you consider something like that so hard to do that you just throw money at it?

:P

When you have to post about it:D:P

turtlespeed

Why not find out if the phone will work and if that's even necessary first?

Ill be out of my country for all of next year. (like in 2009) and I will be using my phone as a wifi hotspot for my tablet.
so the throw aways like Tracfone are not much use to me.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

labrys

so the throw aways like Tracfone are not much use to me.

What phone do you have?

ZTE T81 (it's Chinese built)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

>Wow. I didn't realize that anyone would find the idea of simply looking at the tech
>specs for their phone "so intensive and unproductive". It takes about 30 seconds.

Some people just do stuff.

Some people try for about 5 seconds, give up, then spend 30 minutes posting on the web about how awful the thing is.

billvon

>Wow. I didn't realize that anyone would find the idea of simply looking at the tech
>specs for their phone "so intensive and unproductive". It takes about 30 seconds.

Some people just do stuff.

Some people try for about 5 seconds, give up, then spend 30 minutes posting on the web about how awful the thing is.

Some people dont know anything about phone and data networks, so the initialisms dont really mean anything to them:ph34r:
Hence the general enquiry on an open forum where it is known that there are quite a few folks with much more knowledge in such areas :P
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Some people dont know anything about phone and data networks, so the initialisms dont really mean anything to them

Right on, Squeak. That wasn't about you... that was about someone suggesting that you just throw money away without taking the time to ask questions and learn new things...
Owned by Remi #?

labrys

That one is on the "probably" list for AT&T GSM at least. You might need a new SIM card. Those are free or a few bucks. Contact AT&T over here and ask them.

I absolutely plan on getting a local SIM card. Roaming data would send me to the poor house otherwise:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?