Nataly

Who is the black sheep in your family?

Who is the person that keeps "fucking up" in your immediate family and where does he/she stand in the pecking order??
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Natahly

Who is the person that keeps "fucking up" in your immediate family and where does he/she stand in the pecking order??

Im the white(ish) sheep in a black family. Father 2 brothers and sister all convicts
me, never caught :ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

It depends on whose view you take...

To my entire family I am the evil demon child with a very skewed perspective on things.

I am happy, healthy, successful, love my life and live it. Just because I don't "conform" to who and what they think I should be and should be doing, it doesn't mean I am "fucking up" my life. I just don't live it to their standards or approval, making me the family outcast.

I am really ok with that. :)I am the youngest btw...

Me, growing up mostly. Brother, mom and dad all were straight A students, brother was valedictorian almost every year of high school at a private college prep school. Dad graduated 5th in his class at Vanderbilt University in Chemical Engineering.

I never had straight A's. Mostly C's, a few B's, some D's, a few F's. It was hard being the only deaf fuck in every school I went to til I started the 2nd semester of the 10th grade at the public high school after years of private schools that were full of goddamned snobs.

As for stupid stuff I did that cost my parents thousands of dollars, oh yeah, quite a list there...:)

Been doing pretty good the last 20 years. I live within my means with some debt, married 13 years and have 2 little girls that love their grandparents. I suspect my parents are more proud of me than they are of my brother, who I don't think ever did anything bad growing up, and even became a multi-millionaire himself. He just turned out how they expected him to. Don't think they had much hope for me to begin with. ;)

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I'm the black sheep because I do all the things that no one else in the family does. I'm also the political black sheep, because I actually vote for those who will advance my interests. And the hair thing ( Long ) helps too. ( I'm still a hippie from my kid days back in the 60's). Don't go to church ( or believe in god at all ), didn't go in the military ( Shave my head and live with men????), didn't crank out kids, know what the inside of a gym looks like, don't eat animals, bought a condo ( Don't have to rake it, mow it or shovel it...) instead of a too big McMansion, don't hate those who don't look like me and am perfectly fine working on the holidays.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

I'm the black sheep on both "sides" of my family. My father's side has never understood me. I've always been strong willed (read wild) with no regard to what others think. It's more important for me to live my life as I will than to go to school, get a job and conform. That said, the other side (maternal) tend to be put out as I really want nothing to do with them. Thieves and liars the lot of them, and mostly jealous that I do whatever the fuck I want and still have a great life. I have limited contact with a select few on both sides, but mostly not.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

jackwallace

If you get any other answer than "me". I'd be amazed.

I was the first person to vote and I put "not me!"

My younger sister always had/caused so many problems that no one ever bothered to pay attention to me (the middle child)... That's not to say I never did anything wrong... :):P
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Nataly

First off, my definition of "black sheep" doesn't necessarily mean "fucking up", as in doing things that are wrong. And perhaps you don't really mean it that way either since you put it in quotes. To me, it just means being different.

And with that being said, yes, I am the black sheep in my family. Mom used to always say; "Why can't you be like all the other kids?" I've never wanted to follow the crowd. I make my own path in life, my way, and I'm happy doing that. Even if it's sometimes a more difficult path.

By your definition my whole family is a black sheep...
I didn't even know how to answer before this because none of us "really ever " fucked up" ( in a real bad way anyway) but yet none of us fall into a " leave it to beaver" type of family.
The Cleavers weren't normal" were they?
My dad owned as many as 15 trucks and trucked for 50+ years. All his trucks were the nicest trucks on the road. My dad loved his trucks and his drivers and they loved him and stayed with him for years. They were all like family. We ran the business from the house and had a shop to work on trucks out back so the guys were always in and out.
My mom found freight and dispatched all of us. If any of us have any "normal"in us it would have to be her.
Me...I'm definately not "normal"
My brother ( middle kid)...moved to Switzerland and went to work for my uncle on his farm. He now runs that farm with his family, my uncle is still alive and he still lives in the house. My brother, also definately not normal and strong as an ox. He's a real hard worker, great family man with 4 kids of his own but crazy in his own way.
My sister...probably the craziest of the bunch. She too lives in Switzerland. By day she some executives assistant for a big bank.
Sounds pretty normal right...WRONG!
She's a black belt in one of the martial arts.
She climbs up jagged mountain walls, sets up hammocks on those climbs and sleeps in places I wouldn't sleep ( or climb for that matter).
She played tennis professionally.
She snow sky with the Swiss ski team till she wrecked one year real bad and blew out her knee...she still skis but toned it down a little.
She bought a motorcycle and went on a 4 month adventure on dirt roads where they ran into lamas and Sherpas and who knows what else. In some of her pictures from that trip she's covered in dirt from the dusty roads her and her friend traveled.
She scuba dives...something she took up about 5 years ago.
I honestly can't even keep up with her.
Not sure she's " normal" either....

Nataly

>:(

Well now, hang on there just one second there N@!!

The black sheep of the family doesn't = "fucking up" in your immediate family!

I'd call them a fuck-tard and not a black sheep!

:P

I voted other so I guess I owe an explanation. As Tim was saying, it depends on your definition of a fuck up. I left home when I was 16 and didn’t have much to do with the family after that. I didn’t enjoy what they did and they didn’t know what it was I did. I got a divorce, didn’t have any kids and I don’t do holidays. Now that I think of it the only one from my immediate family I have regular contact with is my ex-wife. We’re pretty good friends.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals