promise5

Was the airline employee out of line or not?

Bloody lucky no white children are ever trafficed.

If it was two black adults and a white child you sure she would not have asked the same questions?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Squeak

*********We live in a messed up world. Human trafficking is a big deal.

How would you feel if the employee didn't ask and the kid was a kidnap victim?

Bloody lucky no white children are ever trafficed. it would take forever to get to the boarding gate,.:|

How about the little white/blonde/blue girl who was looking out of place with the gypsies a month or so ago? Someone in authority questioned her more dark skinned/hair "parents" and discovered she was not theirs.I was being facetious Karen

Oh, I know. I just followed up with a real life example.
Always be kinder than you feel.

Ron

Bloody lucky no white children are ever trafficed.

If it was two black adults and a white child you sure she would not have asked the same questions?

ill rephrase for the dim
Luckily people smugglers are dumb fucks and only smuggle using mixed race parental models
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

ill rephrase for the dim

I'll rephrase for the rude. You made a comment that could easily have been seen as racist.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Ron

ill rephrase for the dim

I'll rephrase for the rude. You made a comment that could easily have been seen as racist.

only by the dim
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

ill rephrase for the dim

only by the dim

Right.....

There was a story in the news last month of a teenage child who had managed to get onto an airplane by pretending to be with some family to whom he didn't really belong. He succeeded because no one asked those kinds of questions. So the airline agent was simply doing her job to ensure that the kid was a legit traveler, and not a stow-away.

Example: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/boy-sneaks-aboard-flight-minneapolis-las-vegas-article-1.1477715

Boogers

There was a story in the news last month of a teenage child who had managed to get onto an airplane by pretending to be with some family to whom he didn't really belong. He succeeded because no one asked those kinds of questions. So the airline agent was simply doing her job to ensure that the kid was a legit traveler, and not a stow-away.

I forgot about that one! I did see a grandparent on the news with some bullshit drivel but I don't remember seeing if the authorities ever disclosed WHY the kid chose to flee his home and do this. Not that they have to tell us since he's a juvenile but I'm curious. Kids just don't split on a good thing.

airtwardo

To single out the family that looks different then what she considered normal was being insensitive to different family make-ups.

I think you missed my point...

~ I doubt 100% that she was being insensitive to families with diverse make ups, trust me she's had training regarding those matters - in fact has had training to question when something is 'different'.

By YOU using the term 'different' you obviously understand that IT IS...so, different meaning not of or out of the normal - when confronted by someone who is on the look out for things 'not normal', acting offended is either extremely naive or just looking for drama.

She was doing her job.

BTW...how do YOU know she isn't from 'blended' a family?

Rather insensitive to assume someone doing their job as required, makes them somehow ignorant to societies make up.:ph34r:

If one is looking for something to be offended about, it can certainly always be found...;)

~I'm not trying to jump on or insult you 5, but you asked.

Simply...she could have either just answered the questions - with the understanding this person was doing both their job AND a service for society, and should be congratulated for the conscientious effort OR made a big issue of being treated 'different' when it's obvious that the situation IS different.
:)

You are right about not getting "offended" even if someone is a little over the top, I have neighbors who are Muslim, from Lebanon, the kids are late teens early 20's and the father 40something. They go back to Lebanon, they are ALWAYS profiled and scrutinized in Europe and they are cool because they know they FIT the profile. They think the USA is braindead because the was TSA doesn't profile, they go through USA security and don't get stopped but a 80 year old white lady gets patted down. I respect them for their good humor and wisdom to see that weird stuff happens at airports so don't walk around looking for reasons to get upset.

Jan

LuckyMcSwervy

At the end of the day I'm happy when my plane doesn't get flown into buildings or nose dived into a field.

I don't know you and this is by no means an attempt at insulting you(nor is it an attempt to hijack the thread here) but i can see the fear mongering has worked with you.

Yes, the events of 9/11 were VERY tragic. Yes, lots of people died. However, to use this as your reasoning for being ok with the security screenings that we go through is sad, and, to be honest, frightening. The odds of someone dying in a terrorist attack are ridiculously low(something like 1 in 20million). Frankly, i think the crap we have to go through to get on a plane is ridiculous these days and it's scary to see how much people are ok with it and doesn't make the future of our freedom in this country look too good anymore.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

agentsmith413

***At the end of the day I'm happy when my plane doesn't get flown into buildings or nose dived into a field.

I don't know you and this is by no means an attempt at insulting you(nor is it an attempt to hijack the thread here) but i can see the fear mongering has worked with you.

Yes, the events of 9/11 were VERY tragic. Yes, lots of people died. However, to use this as your reasoning for being ok with the security screenings that we go through is sad, and, to be honest, frightening. The odds of someone dying in a terrorist attack are ridiculously low(something like 1 in 20million). Frankly, i think the crap we have to go through to get on a plane is ridiculous these days and it's scary to see how much people are ok with it and doesn't make the future of our freedom in this country look too good anymore.

I wasn't insulted at all and appreciate all points of view and opinions. :)