JohnMitchell

Damn, I broke my collar bone.

I was racing down the bike trail Wednesday afternoon up here on a blue sky day in Seattle. The chain went off as I was off the seat pumping hard. I "think" my left foot hit the ground in front of the pedal.:S Anyway, hit on my left side and had to spend the night in the hospital.

Partially collapsed lung and collar bone broken in two places. They stuck a tube in me and the lung's all better, but that will still cause about a one week delay in getting my collar bone pinned. I did manage to make it home Thanksgiving night about 6:30, just in time for dinner with family and friends. :)B|

Anyway, got a Rx for pain pills and am doing just fine. I just hope this doesn't mess with my Eloy trip in January. If so, I guess I'll just work on my tan instead of my free flying. :D

JohnMitchell

I was racing down the bike trail Wednesday afternoon up here on a blue sky day in Seattle. The chain went off as I was off the seat pumping hard. I "think" my left foot hit the ground in front of the pedal.:S Anyway, hit on my left side and had to spend the night in the hospital.

Partially collapsed lung and collar bone broken in two places. They stuck a tube in me and the lung's all better, but that will still cause about a one week delay in getting my collar bone pinned. I did manage to make it home Thanksgiving night about 6:30, just in time for dinner with family and friends. :)B|

Anyway, got a Rx for pain pills and am doing just fine. I just hope this doesn't mess with my Eloy trip in January. If so, I guess I'll just work on my tan instead of my free flying. :D

Damn.

Quit that stuff!>:(

Heal Fast.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I was sorry to hear this happened to you John.
:(
I broke my collar bone a few years back when I crashed my dresser. All they gave me to fix it was a shoulder rubber band contraption. My left should STILL bothers me to this day.

Heal fast bro, make sure your cutie takes care of you!
B|

Hmmm...how very convenient that this happened on moving weekend. I've heard of people faking a stomach ache before to get out of stuff, but this takes the cake, John!

;)...seriously, I hope you heal quickly and that you got the good drugs!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

Hmmm...how very convenient that this happened on moving weekend.

1996: I'm living in the Chicago burbs. On Friday I have a phone interview for a job in Denver. 30 minutes after the interview, the recruiter calls to tell me they are sending a written offer.:) I had to delay the move by 6 weeks in order to have partial use of my left arm at moving time.

2000: I've made an offer on a different home, and it has been accepted. 10 days prior to closing day, I go skiing for the first time in the season. I hit a branch hidden in the snow, fly off the side of the slope, and expertly use my rib cage to break my fall across a fallen log.:S X-rays didn't show a broken rib, but I could barely breathe for a couple weeks. Moving day was *not* fun.[:/]

I've decided I'm not moving again.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

normiss

You know, lifting something heavy.
Like Valinda's stuff.
:)

As some of you know, Valinda has a jumpsuit and embroidery business, so we had 4 commercial machines and 3 work tables to move from the UPSTAIRS shop to our new ranch home. :S:D Luckily I had my 21 yo son and two teenage jumpers, along with my buddy Gus to move all that. They didn't even ask to see my x-rays before cutting me slack. :)

skymama

Hmmm...how very convenient that this happened on moving weekend. I've heard of people faking a stomach ache before to get out of stuff, but this takes the cake, John!

I've got the x-rays to prove it!!!:o:D:D

;)...seriously, I hope you heal quickly and that you got the good drugs!

Feeling no pain. They took really good care of me. No complaints.

Valinda and I were laughing at how 2 previous shoulder surgeries had preemptively gotten me off of work on previous Thanksgivings and Christmases. I even had supervisors asking what I was planning "next holiday?" :D:D I wish I had still been working so I could have called in sick, again, for Thanksgiving. :D

Ouch. Been there, done that, got the lump.

The good news is that they usually heal quickly, without complications. Mine was more aggravating than painful.....so much so that I was able to save most of my painkillers for later recreational use. :)
I think you'll be jumping in Eloy.

Don

"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."