swisschris62

High jump...crane

swisschris62

Whaddaya think...safe?

http://youtu.be/XYU_eThB7lk

B| seems Safe enough...TO EXIT...;)
but the landing is trickier...:o
It seems to me,,,,,, it's ALL about body position At the Moment of contact, with the landing pad...[:/]
Hit it awkwardly or sideways, or with an arm or leg wrapped up under you.... and THEN the smilesB| all fade away.( the way I see it )

watching that from the ground level, distant point of view, was Unnerving..
Even from 150 feet... they are goin' damn FAST!!!!!:|

jmy

yes. that was what i was thinking. I'd be concerned about the " plummeteers " :P
neck and spinal column...:|

I suppose with practice and repetition, one can make the move, needed for safe contact....BUT Man,,,, the learning Curve HAS to be waaay UP there....

Could be that this is the evolution of all the High Dive with Inflatable pads work.... done over the years by stunt persons and HollyWood crews.....

:)

So you like cranes ....
I've hauled lots of cranes over the years, or maybe I should say, I've hauled pieces of these monsters.
This crane was set up in queens, NY for a new facility the power company was building. These cranes are set up only for the heaviest of lifts. This particular crane took well over 100 trucks to move.
We brought it to NY from GA and from there it went to the Bay Area to a refinery.
That's what I'm doing here...picking up my part of it. This is one of the bigger crawler cranes I've been apart of hauling.
The crane itself was huge. The piece you see here ( on wheels) is the additional counter weight they set up and then attach to the crane itself in order to be able to lift more weight...LOTS more weight.
The guy standing on it gives you an idea how big it is. Each one of those " plates" and "blocks" are added to increase the work load. Each one of those plates and blocks weighs anywhere from 20,000 - 30,000 lb a piece. Most of the extra weight has already been taken off in this picture.
It's quite an impressive piece of machinery and it's massiveness gets lost in pictures.

LuckyMcSwervy

My exBoyfriend has a yard full of construction cranes. I have such a thing for cranes. OMG love them. In fact, my cell phone screen saver is one. :D

If you only knew how many times I'd sit there and look at them and think, "Hell yeah!"

That's an odd fetish. Most girls like long walks on the beach.

http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/007/cache/whooping-crane_757_600x450.jpg

LuckyMcSwervy

My exBoyfriend has a yard full of construction cranes. I have such a thing for cranes. OMG love them. In fact, my cell phone screen saver is one. :D

If you only knew how many times I'd sit there and look at them and think, "Hell yeah!"

tomorrow i have a 2nd interview with a crane-company! :)
as for the jump, i'd static-line that, or get PCA'd, no chute, no jump! B|
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

virgin-burner

***My exBoyfriend has a yard full of construction cranes. I have such a thing for cranes. OMG love them. In fact, my cell phone screen saver is one. :D

tomorrow i have a 2nd interview with a crane-company! :)
as for the jump, i'd static-line that, or get PCA'd, no chute, no jump! B|

amen. i didnt rig it, i dont trust it, i wont jump it.
ill trust my rig with a static line from that height over water......
gravity brings me down.........

swisschris62

So you like cranes ....
I've hauled lots of cranes over the years, or maybe I should say, I've hauled pieces of these monsters.
This crane was set up in queens, NY for a new facility the power company was building. These cranes are set up only for the heaviest of lifts. This particular crane took well over 100 trucks to move.
We brought it to NY from GA and from there it went to the Bay Area to a refinery.
That's what I'm doing here...picking up my part of it. This is one of the bigger crawler cranes I've been apart of hauling.
The crane itself was huge. The piece you see here ( on wheels) is the additional counter weight they set up and then attach to the crane itself in order to be able to lift more weight...LOTS more weight.
The guy standing on it gives you an idea how big it is. Each one of those " plates" and "blocks" are added to increase the work load. Each one of those plates and blocks weighs anywhere from 20,000 - 30,000 lb a piece. Most of the extra weight has already been taken off in this picture.
It's quite an impressive piece of machinery and it's massiveness gets lost in pictures.

Whoa! They're the big mommas!! :D
Always be kinder than you feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-ENqgjQXM I get to play w/ these types. Be careful. Wind and cranes are a bad mix. We are using self (not really) erecting cranes on all the new buildings and tall solar plants. Pretty cool. Stateline, Ca. solar plant. http://ivanpahsolar.com/photos-and-videos
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.