LuckyMcSwervy

For You Elf on a Shelf Lovers....

NICE!

Our three year old was mad this morning when the elf hadn't moved over night. I told her it was because I slept on the couch because I was sick and the elf didn't move because I was there.... she bought it, but was still very annoyed that the elf didn't move!

We have to keep our elf activities rated G (for now)
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

Here is today's Elf picture.
She is sitting on the top of the large blinds with Barbie and a stuffed Lobster toy.
The three year old was very upset that the elf took her toys!
I had to carefully get the Barbie and Lobster down without touching the elf.
The things we do.....
Goggles and Teeth

GogglesnTeeth

Here is today's Elf picture.
She is sitting on the top of the large blinds with Barbie and a stuffed Lobster toy.
The three year old was very upset that the elf took her toys!
I had to carefully get the Barbie and Lobster down without touching the elf.
The things we do.....

Will you please just clarify the Elf of a Shelf concept for me? Is it to make the kids keep good behavior because the elf is watching and will report naughties back to Santa Claus? Trick the kids into thinking it will impact their present count?

Does telling kids "Santa Claus is watching you!" when they act up work any more? That one always kept me in line and freaked me out a little bit, too. :ph34r:
Always be kinder than you feel.

The concept is.... Look, Santa sent an elf to keep an eye on you between Thanksgiving and Christmas and the elf will let him know if you are naughty or nice.

There is a counter movement for those that don't like the idea of the elf "spying on the kids." Our youngest didn't like the elf last year because she didn't like the idea the elf was spying on her.
Goggles and Teeth

GogglesnTeeth

The concept is.... Look, Santa sent an elf to keep an eye on you between Thanksgiving and Christmas and the elf will let him know if you are naughty or nice.

There is a counter movement for those that don't like the idea of the elf "spying on the kids." Our youngest didn't like the elf last year because she didn't like the idea the elf was spying on her.

Thanks. I think it's a cute little thing to do with the kids. One day they're going to look back and laugh with the parents, I bet. Plus, IMHO, and I don't have kids, but, I think a little dose of fear is good. ;)
Always be kinder than you feel.