JoeyH

YOUNG jumpers????

dzkid39

I did my first jump and some tunnel time when I was 12. I went through Aff and got my A license at 16. Over the years I've meet a few that started at the same age as me, but no one that started as young as you.

Thats awesome man, FYI, I made a new account... I was "Joeyh" but I got tired of using my actual name. :P But yeah, 12 is still freaking awesome.
Carpe Diem, Even if it kills me -- "Dead Poet's Society"

"Are you getting into trouble over there?" --- "Nothing that I'm going to admit to!"

JoeyH

How many jumpers who started WAY young are on DZ.com? Like me, I started at 6, Jarrett Martin at 9, I know of the Mullins kids and Missy Nelson, Is there anybody else?

Not sure that the term "Started" is how I would reference your first skydive.
Started implies a journey, not an event that was added to many years later.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I agree. I referenced my first jump because that's when I became a packer as well. It was mostly for my mom and dad at first, but I started packing for the dz soon after that. I think of my first jump as the transition from an observer to a participant.

dzkid39

I agree. I referenced my first jump because that's when I became a packer as well. It was mostly for my mom and dad at first, but I started packing for the dz soon after that. I think of my first jump as the transition from an observer to a participant.

I could agree with that. I learned to pack at 8 (my dad taught me on his velo 98 :S)and was working for my home (at the time) dz by 10. I was a dummy though and accepted a 4 pack of red bull for every 10 packs I did as payment. :D I loved my red bull though.

"Are you getting into trouble over there?" --- "Nothing that I'm going to admit to!"

accepted a 4 pack of red bull for every 10 packs I did as payment. I loved my red bull though.

And I bet it only took about 15 minutes for you to pack 10 canopies. :o You gotta love that Red Bull jolt.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

mjosparky

accepted a 4 pack of red bull for every 10 packs I did as payment. I loved my red bull though.

And I bet it only took about 15 minutes for you to pack 10 canopies. :o You gotta love that Red Bull jolt.

Sparky

Yeah, I wish I could pack that fast, safely.

Hey DZKid - Don't forget that getting licensed at 16 had some perks..

Such as you making a skydive and landing At Your Senior Prom!!!

Yep, landed, had the Tux on under his jumpsuitB|

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

TEB6363

Hey DZKid - Don't forget that getting licensed at 16 had some perks..

Such as you making a skydive and landing At Your Senior Prom!!!

Yep, landed, had the Tux on under his jumpsuitB|

Pics or it didnt happen :P:P:P

We've got a few dropzone kids at my DZ, most of them did a tandem or two but YvonneWiggers is jumping hard B| (and recently, officially not a kid anymore LOL)

Although she was in no way the youngest to do a tandem here in the Netherlands, I think she still might hold the 'record' for the youngest tandem night jump :P

ciel bleu,
Saskia

dzkid39

The video is buried somewhere in my collection but here is some something. ;)

That's awesome!!!