DJL

What do you tip the pizza delivery guy?

oldwomanc6

I don't want to take this into an argument on tipping and why or how much people should tip, or why we have this tipping thing in this country anyway, but I will tell people that tipping gets you a long way when it comes to being a regular somewhere.

That's OK, Nataly has that covered, :P and she lives within an AWESOME PIZZA circumference . :ph34r:

FWIW, and contrary to what some people may think, I actually am a very generous tipper... I believe in paying it forward, karma, giving back to others, and just showing my gratitude in general. Those who work in the service industry typically work damned hard and deserve a tip just for putting up with all the bullshit from shitty customers. Heck, like I said, the pizza delivery guys litterally risk their lives to get you that pizza and they are typically paid peanuts for that, so I respect and honour that.

I just have a problem with people feeling entitled to my generosity, especially when they have done everything not to deserve it. And I really *do* think just doing the bare minimum does not entitle one to a tip... But hey... I'll always be Canadian, and my first reflex will always be to tip and to tip well even though sometimes it annoys me to do so.

I have once famously NOT tipped... It went against every instinct I have... But I really did feel it was justified. And if you want to debate that, you are welcome to post in that thread and shit all over me like some people already have (see link above)!!! :D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

LyraM45

If it's a hefty order with quite a few pies, bunch of sides, and drinks that someone is carrying in the pouring rain to take to your door step, then $3-5 bucks is usually pretty good.

I rarely order pizza anymore, but when I do and it's raining, I make sure to be extra generous with the tip, usually starting at $5 and going up depending on the speed it gets there.

LyraM45

I don't want to take this into an argument on tipping and why or how much people should tip, or why we have this tipping thing in this country anyway, but I will tell people that tipping gets you a long way when it comes to being a regular somewhere. Standing in the local pub that is crowded and trying to get up to the counter to get a drink? Guess what, if you are a regular and are known for stiffing, the person next to you who tips is going to get served first. Order pizza and don't even give a dime to the driver? I bet your food has some dna in it (for what it's worth, I have NEVER done anything like that, but being around the business, I've heard plenty of stories!) or if the driver is faced with multiple deliveries in one run, yours will be the last to be dropped off for sure. So, take it from me and take care of your servers and delivery drivers, especially if you are a regular! :)

I always take care of the bartenders/waitstaff at the places I go and it works exceptionally well. Depending on the place, the beer is on the counter before I'm able to get it.:)
If anyone has doubts that the wait staff remembers you, there are two places that I go where I hardly ever even have to order anymore. They know what I want to eat and how I like it prepared. Those people get extra on the tips.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

LyraM45

For pizza-- I'll piggy back what others have said. I delivered for Dominoes both in FL while I was at school, and in little old williamstown NJ when home for the summers. Anybody who's been to xkeys knows williamstown-- it can get rural out the outskirts of town. So, for those of you like skymama who realized the further you live makes the driver have to go further, more wear and tear on the car, and more time out of rotation missing out on $$ on other deliveries. If you realize this and tip more, then that is super sweet! :)

Ins't that the truth about Williamstown. I think I'd feel guilty ordering delivery if I lived on the outskirts of Monroe Township. As for right near the dropzone, Nick's Pizza get there FAST. Love it. Pizza and drinks in the CK hot tub. Woot!! :D
Always be kinder than you feel.

GooniesKid

didn't know you were supposed to tip them.

If i were to tip them i'd give them one tip: "Don't play with matches,,,,could be dangerous" B|

You could give them some stalker tips.:):P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

If anyone has doubts that the wait staff remembers you, there are two places that I go where I hardly ever even have to order anymore. They know what I want to eat and how I like it prepared. Those people get extra on the tips.

What do you guys tip for a pizza YOU pick up but you get the level of service described above?

funblob

What do you guys tip for a pizza YOU pick up but you get the level of service described above?

Always a couple of bucks in the tip jar at the counter if I'm picking up a pizza or if I stand there while they make me a sub or something. Let's say it's $5-7 or so. I just put the change from a $10 into the tip jar.
Always be kinder than you feel.