DJL

What do you tip the pizza delivery guy?

Mach1dmb

***If they didn't tip would they make you give them change back, like 50 cents or something like that??

Nobody ever actually asked for the change, they would just give me say $12 when the bill is $11.75 and not say anything. But a few times I got change as a tip, or change as part of the total bill, and I would throw it in their driveway.

Reminds me of this:

FYI audio is kinda low....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTWy43yIfCM
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

******If they didn't tip would they make you give them change back, like 50 cents or something like that??

Nobody ever actually asked for the change, they would just give me say $12 when the bill is $11.75 and not say anything. But a few times I got change as a tip, or change as part of the total bill, and I would throw it in their driveway.

Reminds me of this:

Why did I think that was the video of Deedy giving the pizza guys an entertaining night?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

*********If they didn't tip would they make you give them change back, like 50 cents or something like that??

Reminds me of this:

Why did I think that was the video of Deedy giving the pizza guys an entertaining night?

:o:o:o I forgot about that night at Sebastian. Good times.... someone should post it to this thread because she does mention a tip in the audio. I'd post it but I lost the file in a laptop crash a while ago. ;)

She made me try Tuaca that night. :)

ETA: Added the Tuaca with Deedy pic and also one of my good girlfriend who passed away last Easter. She loved the TDS boogie that weekend. Miss her tons.

LuckyMcSwervy

************If they didn't tip would they make you give them change back, like 50 cents or something like that??

Reminds me of this:

:o:o:o I forgot about that night at Sebastian. Good times.... someone should post it to this thread because she does mention a tip in the audio. I'd post it but I lost the file in a laptop crash a while ago. ;)

I know she's got it on DVD, but I didn't copy it when I had the chance.B|
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

***************If they didn't tip would they make you give them change back, like 50 cents or something like that??

Reminds me of this:

I know she's got it on DVD, but I didn't copy it when I had the chance.B|

You know... it was posted here a while ago. anthonyfellows posted it somewhere.

Pizza delivery here doesn't make sense... In just 10 minutes I can be in Italy, enjoying yummy, inexpensive, delicious, authentic pizza... Have I mentioned how AWESOME it tastes?? Yeah... I'd be crazy to pay 10 times more for a pimply-faced teenager to risk his life on a scooter (and then on the many, many, many steps to get to my place) to get some (crappy) pizza delivered right to my door...

Nope... Not gonna do that as long as I live so close to pizza heaven!!! :P

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I delivered solid for 2 years, and then for summers only when I was home for the next 2 years during college. Other than that, I also tended bar and served at restaurants all through college, so that said, my opinion on tipping may be slightly weighted one way due to my experience.

For pizza-- I'll piggy back what others have said. I delivered for Dominoes both in FL while I was at school, and in little old williamstown NJ when home for the summers. Anybody who's been to xkeys knows williamstown-- it can get rural out the outskirts of town. So, for those of you like skymama who realized the further you live makes the driver have to go further, more wear and tear on the car, and more time out of rotation missing out on $$ on other deliveries. If you realize this and tip more, then that is super sweet! :)

In general though on a normal order with a couple pizzas and a soda or something and you don't live 25 minutes round trip from the pizza place-- $2-3 is good. Hell, just a buck or two is good if it's close and an easy delivery. If it's a hefty order with quite a few pies, bunch of sides, and drinks that someone is carrying in the pouring rain to take to your door step, then $3-5 bucks is usually pretty good. And if you live on the edge of the delivery area? $3-5 is good even if it's a light order.

I don't want to take this into an argument on tipping and why or how much people should tip, or why we have this tipping thing in this country anyway, but I will tell people that tipping gets you a long way when it comes to being a regular somewhere. Standing in the local pub that is crowded and trying to get up to the counter to get a drink? Guess what, if you are a regular and are known for stiffing, the person next to you who tips is going to get served first. Order pizza and don't even give a dime to the driver? I bet your food has some dna in it (for what it's worth, I have NEVER done anything like that, but being around the business, I've heard plenty of stories!) or if the driver is faced with multiple deliveries in one run, yours will be the last to be dropped off for sure. So, take it from me and take care of your servers and delivery drivers, especially if you are a regular! :)

Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

LyraM45

I don't want to take this into an argument on tipping and why or how much people should tip, or why we have this tipping thing in this country anyway, but I will tell people that tipping gets you a long way when it comes to being a regular somewhere.

That's OK, Nataly has that covered, :P and she lives within an AWESOME PIZZA circumference . :ph34r:
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

I live so rurally B|, that no one delivers. :(

I have since learned to make much better pizza than any of them do.

I don't think mrowc6 will ever let me off the pizza dough hook. :P. The good news is he almost always assembles the pizza.

Win-Win! B|

Goat cheese with lots of garlic, tomatoes, artichokes, olives, for starters. If she will make two, I get anchovies too, but she will never trust me getting anchovies on my half. Those vile little fish always manage to swim over on her side.
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.