Squeak

Florida Toll roads

normiss

50's retro made it very cool.
Clothing optional seemed to attract the gay men like a bug lite.
Made for quite the interesting trip to say the least.

One of my good friends was a swinger when he was married. I guess he still is now that he's divorced. Anyway, the stories I've heard come out of that place made ME blush. :$

I've stayed at the hotel next door quite a few times. On my honeymoon we were down there for 2 weeks. Our suite at The Reach was on the 3rd floor oceanfront. The very right corner of the property along Simonton and it overlooked the pool/pier area of Atlantic Shores. :o:o:o:o

For what it's worth, their diner up front was great! B|

Here's a little walk down memory pier for you.... :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

normiss

Key West with a friend years ago...we walk down a pier to watch sunset.
NOTHING BUTT nekkid dudes sunning on the pier - long pier too!

She says "I've never seen so many dicks in my life!"
Me: "I don't think any of them would do you any good."

:D

Maybe thats why Kenny Chesney loves Key West so much!:D:D:D:D:):)
Carpe Diem, Even if it kills me -- "Dead Poet's Society"

"Are you getting into trouble over there?" --- "Nothing that I'm going to admit to!"

StoppieJoe

***Key West with a friend years ago...we walk down a pier to watch sunset.
NOTHING BUTT nekkid dudes sunning on the pier - long pier too!

She says "I've never seen so many dicks in my life!"
Me: "I don't think any of them would do you any good."

:D

Maybe thats why Kenny Chesney loves Key West so much!:D:D:D:D:):)

B|B|B|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymyGs771iKE

You have nooooo idea.

hillson

There are no tolls on I95 or I4. The various roads around them however...if you're flying into Orlando there should be zero problem getting a car with an e tag.

BeeLine 528 and East West Expressway Orl. Fla. turnpike. Fastest way to the DZs all toll. Last I was there anyway. Been awhile.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

The BeeLine is now called the BeachLine. I think it was changed to help the tourists find the beach because, you know, just heading east to the Atlantic was just too damn confusing. :ph34r: The locals still all call it the BeeLine though.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

The BeeLine is now called the BeachLine. I think it was changed to help the tourists find the beach because, you know, just heading east to the Atlantic was just too damn confusing. :ph34r: The locals still all call it the BeeLine though.

We get that around here, too. Ummmm..... EAST. How freaking difficult could that be? I know people, who when they've been asked for directions to the beach, just say "Shoobies go home!"

:ph34r:

LuckyMcSwervy

***The BeeLine is now called the BeachLine. I think it was changed to help the tourists find the beach because, you know, just heading east to the Atlantic was just too damn confusing. :ph34r: The locals still all call it the BeeLine though.

We get that around here, too. Ummmm..... EAST. How freaking difficult could that be? I know people, who when they've been asked for directions to the beach, just say "Shoobies go home!"

:ph34r:

You have to admit, Some beaches are prettier than others. Like Jax.... Daytona beach is so much better than Jax beach.
Carpe Diem, Even if it kills me -- "Dead Poet's Society"

"Are you getting into trouble over there?" --- "Nothing that I'm going to admit to!"

Iago

******Many (probably most) car rental companies will also rent you a toll pass; it generally only applies to whatever state you rent the car in, and it's about $3/day (which for a long rental is probably not great).

You can just avoid most of them -- there are reasonably good free alternatives to tolls in most of the country. If you stick to the US highways (white shield with a number, rather than red-white-blue), they're rarely toll roads.

Wendy P.

Florida Turnpike and I95 are my main ones staying off the them would significantly increase the driving time I think. (already near 5 hrs)

I believe the FL toll roads still have a cash option.

FL is a heavy tourist state so going Etoll only wouldn't be good.

The crosstown expressway in Tampa is E-toll only. Though they do have an option of 'Bill you later' by snapping pictures of your license plate, finding your registration and sending you a bill... but that's probably going to cost more.

You can buy a SunPass transponder (get the suction cup one) for $30ish at any Publix and just activate it linked to a credit card. That should cover any toll roads in FL I believe.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

*********Many (probably most) car rental companies will also rent you a toll pass; it generally only applies to whatever state you rent the car in, and it's about $3/day (which for a long rental is probably not great).

You can just avoid most of them -- there are reasonably good free alternatives to tolls in most of the country. If you stick to the US highways (white shield with a number, rather than red-white-blue), they're rarely toll roads.

Wendy P.

Florida Turnpike and I95 are my main ones staying off the them would significantly increase the driving time I think. (already near 5 hrs)

I believe the FL toll roads still have a cash option.

FL is a heavy tourist state so going Etoll only wouldn't be good.

You can buy a SunPass transponder (get the suction cup one) for $30ish at any Publix and just activate it linked to a credit card. That should cover any toll roads in FL I believe.

Yeah, do anything besides the one what superglues to your windshield. I picked mine up in Florida City at the top of the Keys over the summer. I think I only had to pay a $5 deposit on a credit card. Besides the Publix, I know you can get them at any of the big rest areas. There's signs all over telling you they're available.

Hmmm.... time to re-up my SunPass balance. B|B|B|