airtwardo

I'm tryin' to go 21st century ~ kinda

theonlyski

***oh man, can't believe you drank the "I" coolaid

"I" is the Betamax of the 21st century ;)

It's better than the blackberry he had. :D:D THAT thing died a couple months ago, was back to my old steam powered razor. :$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

The non-Apple apps I use the most (no particular order):

HopStop -- subway / train directions
Pro HDR -- takes high dynamic range photos
Stopwatch -- big display is handy when cooking, stretching, etc. and not wearing reading glasses
11C Scientific -- An HP 11C Calculator
Video Space -- shows disk space needed for different video file formats / time
AirWX -- aviation weather with METAR, TAF and Winds Aloft
Dropbox -- file sharing between iPhone and my computers
Uber -- hails a cab
Jump -- remote desktop control / VNC
BikeShare -- finds available Citibikes and places to drop them off (NYC only)
NY Times -- (under "Newsstand") updates fast and then does't need net access so one can read the entire paper anywhere

Also, since I too am pathetically clumsy with it, a case that offers great drop protection:

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/IPH5KXDK/

Cheers!
www.wci.nyc

Mach1dmb

My phone has texting B|

Some of these apps sound cool. I want a smartphone, I just don't want the monthly bill.

That was always my 'fear' so to speak too...but just couldn't handle the poor service & coverage my old Tmobile plan had, that was just wasted money IMO - not just the $ spent but the business problems poor communication costs.

Had this thing a week and it's already paid for itself this month...we'll see how it goes with time but so-far-so-good ~ and I barely know how to use it! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hi Mr T

Our time machines passed ea other. When we went back to missouri for two months we went back to the 1950s.

No net, no tv, no cell phone, the land line ....... was fine because it was already in the house and connected.

Found a old multi function stereo in the house so we did have am fm radio. FREE

Life was good for our simple needs.

Mach1dmb

My phone has texting B|

Some of these apps sound cool. I want a smartphone, I just don't want the monthly bill.

Pay as you go is common here in Europe. I don't use it for data when I'm out of wifi range. Incoming calls are free. I don't make many calls. It still serves as music device, calendar, GPS, etc. I can sign into wifi when I stop for something to drink.

I think there are pay as you go plans in the US. When I had a BB, they insisted on a $30 monthly data fee in addition to my usage plan. That's why I got rid of the BB.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

promise5

Is it droppable? I really need to trade mine in since I've dropped it one to many times and have a very cracked screen. I don't want much, I just want them to make one that is bomb proof because that's basically what I would need.

I don't think I've ever met anyone that DOESN'T have a cracked or busted iPhone. Good luck!
*I am not afraid of dying... I am afraid of missing life.*
----Disclaimer: I don't know shit about skydiving.----