airtwardo

I'm tryin' to go 21st century ~ kinda

LuckyMcSwervy

***Ok... so I got an iPhone 5s 64 gig - Yay, it's a big shiny phone!

~ now what. :):S

Install the FlightAware or FlightView apps. :)
Did that 1st thing - gotta know when Capt. Mom gets home so I can do the dishes. :$

Anything else I can't live without?

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

******Ok... so I got an iPhone 5s 64 gig - Yay, it's a big shiny phone!

~ now what. :):S

Install the FlightAware or FlightView apps. :)
Did that 1st thing - gotta know when Capt. Mom gets home so I can do the dishes. :$

Anything else I can't live without?

Exactly!! :P

Candy Crush... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Always be kinder than you feel.

JohnMitchell

And google maps.

It's funny, after all the grief Apple got over Apple Maps, in past year I have now *twice* had to use Apple Maps when Google Maps got confused over a destination.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

ryoder

***And google maps.

It's funny, after all the grief Apple got over Apple Maps, in past year I have now *twice* had to use Apple Maps when Google Maps got confused over a destination.

The issues for me seem to not be so much with the apps per se, but the databases they use. I find pure street addresses fairly accurate on both, but if you ask for landmarks like say, Hollywood and Highland, a shopping center in Hollywood, California, the Apple Maps app sends you to Hollywood, FLORIDA, because obviously some jackass entered it into the database wrong.

And . . . this issue isn't going to ever really go away either because businesses change, buildings get torn down and there is an occasional jackass on Yelp who geotags a coffee shop with bad info.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

JohnMitchell

***Get the aero weather app - most useful app I have!

that one and Gas Buddy. Tells you where to get the cheapest gas all across the country. Love it. And google maps. Use your phone as your GPS unit. I'm not a tech gadget guy, but my phone is damn handy. B|

After the third time the nice Google lady was drunk and gave the wrong directions; one of my colleagues suggested "Waze." The first day of playing with it was impressive. The next day, Google bought it. Guess they thought it was easier to buy something awesome, than to fix their own awesomeness. :D
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Is it droppable? I really need to trade mine in since I've dropped it one to many times and have a very cracked screen. I don't want much, I just want them to make one that is bomb proof because that's basically what I would need.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

FlyingRhenquest

Tell Siri you need to hide a body.

I just got an iPhone for work, and I've been playing "stump Siri."

Best one so far:

Me: Siri, why are you passive-aggressive?

Siri: Is that what you think?

:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

promise5

Is it droppable? I really need to trade mine in since I've dropped it one to many times and have a very cracked screen. I don't want much, I just want them to make one that is bomb proof because that's basically what I would need.

Sure...if you are dropping it on the bed.
Lots of cases available.
I bought one of the Otter models: http://www.otterbox.com/commuter-series/commuter-series,default,pg.html
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

promise5

The cases break too. :|

Have you ever tried to break something made of polycarbonate?
It is also sold under the brand name "Lexan".
Grab an old CD or DVD you don't need, and try to bend it until it breaks.

I'm a Samsung guy.

GPS bluetooth linked to my motorcycle helmet. Music. Alarm clock. (I don't really use the phone) Morning brain stimulus with Soduku (SP?) or chess or crossword. Times my runs for me.

If I was as useful as this thing, I'd demand a raise.

Have fun!
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Opie

Don't listen to all these people. Get a flashlight app and call it good ;)

Don't need it. Flashlight is accessible from the lock screen, just like the camera, calculator, clock/timer... You can turn on/off the Wifi, airplane, bluetooth, do not disturb and rotation lock from there as well.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

billeisele

oh man, can't believe you drank the "I" coolaid

"I" is the Betamax of the 21st century ;)

It's better than the blackberry he had. :D:D
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message