Squeak

Life in a Bag

This what I am taking with me for 12 months of travel.
10kg including backpack B|

and no Rob I haven't redone it AGAIN, its the same pic:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That's really good; easy to carry. What kind of pack did you end up getting? And is some sort of sleeping bag in that, or are you expecting not to camp (other than, of course, buying a cheap sleeping bag and tent at Walmart and returning it :P>:(B|)

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I got a new back pack from work at our Christmas party.
I haven't packed for Thailand yet but I should be around 6 or 7 kg, that's for 3 weeks.

Last year I travellred Asia for 4months with 8kg and didn't use half of what I took.

I love travelling with nothing but carry on.

I booked business class for my flight back to Perth because it was a bargain, should be fun stumbling onto that flight.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

wmw999

That's really good; easy to carry. What kind of pack did you end up getting? And is some sort of sleeping bag in that, or are you expecting not to camp (other than, of course, buying a cheap sleeping bag and tent at Walmart and returning it :P>:(B|)

Wendy P.

there's 2 sleeping bag liners there one pure silk and one thermal liner. I think for the vast majority of sleeping conditions they will be fine. Plus I have my pure wool thermals there as well.
The pack is a Deuter.55.B| MUCH smaller than my previous 75L pack from 2009:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

One thing we get great entertainment out of in Ton Said is the roller luggage races.
Ppeople think roller luggage is great, then they get dumped on the beach and realise there are no roads or sealed surfaces. Then they get to do laps up and down the beach trying to find accommodations, leaving a trench in the sand behind them.
Its almost as much fun to watch as the low tide kayak hike. People rent a kayak at high tide then come back at low tide to discover that they have to hike about 500M over dead coral, and they are alwAys barefoot.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Where is the vial of acyclovir?

You are taking some penicillin, right?

Oh and the CDC says . . .

Due to the increase of drug resistant Gonorrhea the CDC is recommending dual antibiotic treatment. Either continue to read the rest of this page or you can find the same information on the CDC link here

Uncomplicated gonococcal infections of the cervix, urethra, and rectum
Recommended regimen

Ceftriaxone 250 mg in a single intramuscular dose
PLUS
Azithromycin 1 g orally in a single dose
or
Doxycycline 100 mg orally twice daily for 7 days

just sayin . . . ya gotta be careful.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

turtlespeed

Due to the increase of drug resistant Gonorrhea the CDC is recommending dual antibiotic treatment. Either continue to read the rest of this page or you can find the same information on the CDC link here

Recommended regimen

PLUS
or

Yeah, ummmm.... I thought Squeak was a married man. :o
Always be kinder than you feel.

turtlespeed

Recommended regimen

PLUS
or

Thanks for the info, ya cant be TO prepared.:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sounds like fun to me. I haven't taken check-on baggage for years. I can survive indefinitely with carry-on.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

Sounds like fun to me. I haven't taken check-on baggage for years. I can survive indefinitely with carry-on.

Thats a check in bag, a bit to big for carry on.
Plus that image does not include any of my jump gear.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Ah. Well...hope it arrives with you.

I had a bag fail to arrive with me a few years ago. It contained my Shinkendo sword. Thousands of dollars, symbolism, countless hours of bonding, etc. The bag eventually got delivered to my house and all was well, but I don't care to revisit that experience.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

LuckyMcSwervy

***Good luck with taking a sword as carry on:P

I think it they let people bring smelly food onboard and take off their smelly shoes during the flight, a sword is fair game. :P

and kids ... yeap I'm with ya

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

davjohns

I had a bag fail to arrive with me a few years ago. It contained my Shinkendo sword. Thousands of dollars, symbolism, countless hours of bonding, etc. The bag eventually got delivered to my house and all was well, but I don't care to revisit that experience.

It's good to mail rigs insured.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

They stopped me from taking my two-part bo staff onboard once, but were ok with throwing stars in my case. Go figure.

davjohns

I travel a lot and have yet to lose a bag to the airlines. Im traveling China Southern for the 1st time next week so we'll see how they fare:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?