LuckyMcSwervy

Bars - Live Cams - Yes or No

I was going to liken the streaming live bar cams to going to a boogie and having the party stream live to whomever had the link. Then I remembered boogies are usually on private property of some sort, right? The bar cams are public so I didn't make that comparison.
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

I was just thinking this may make me look like I'm always up to no good in Key West but that's not the case. I just don't like the creepers. ;)

It doesn't...it's just a privacy issue. Getting to the point you can't go anywhere without big brother looking over your shoulder.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

airtwardo

***I was just thinking this may make me look like I'm always up to no good in Key West but that's not the case. I just don't like the creepers. ;)

It doesn't...it's just a privacy issue. Getting to the point you can't go anywhere without big brother looking over your shoulder.

More like big sister, but yeah

Andy9o8

******I was just thinking this may make me look like I'm always up to no good in Key West but that's not the case. I just don't like the creepers. ;)

Do you think it'll be more women than men doing the looking at the bar live streams?

Andy9o8

******I was just thinking this may make me look like I'm always up to no good in Key West but that's not the case. I just don't like the creepers. ;)

If I was a cop I'd be all over this. Sit in the car and watch people drink in the bar and monitor behavior while recording it for use in court later. I'd have a pretty good idea who I could make a DUI case against as people left.:S

chutem

*********I was just thinking this may make me look like I'm always up to no good in Key West but that's not the case. I just don't like the creepers. ;)

If I was a cop I'd be all over this. Sit in the car and watch people drink in the bar and monitor behavior while recording it for use in court later. I'd have a pretty good idea who I could make a DUI case against as people left.:S

I bet there's a precedent out there covering this. I'm not working today or I'd do some searching.

LuckyMcSwervy

************I was just thinking this may make me look like I'm always up to no good in Key West but that's not the case. I just don't like the creepers. ;)

I bet there's a precedent out there covering this. I'm not working today or I'd do some searching.

ROFL!!!

Paraphrase: I'd be glad to waste time on this, but I'm not at work today.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

davjohns

***************I was just thinking this may make me look like I'm always up to no good in Key West but that's not the case. I just don't like the creepers. ;)

ROFL!!!

Kinda... at work I have access to attorneys who specialize in just this kind of thing. :P

davjohns

***************I was just thinking this may make me look like I'm always up to no good in Key West but that's not the case. I just don't like the creepers. ;)

ROFL!!!

Off the top of my nord (I've done a lot of crim defense & DUI), I'd say the default position is that anything observed on/recoded from that camera would probably be ruled by most trial judges as admissible into evidence in (for but 1 example) a DUI prosecution. I think the majority of appellate courts would probably affirm that, too.

LuckyMcSwervy

***You know what Sloppy Joe's should do?
Enable online viewers to send drinks to people in the bar.:)And include an email address to the recipient.

And imagine the fund of sending a drink to a chick sitting with a guy, then watching what happened.>:(

You should trademark that idea (or whatever you have to do to claim it as yours) THIS MINUTE.

That's gold, my friend. Gold. :o I mean in a business idea. I'm still against the cams. Other people won't be. :D

It's been done. However, I don't think there is any App to make it easy.

I'm ok with the idea. There is an app available that uses bio-metric data to advise what percentage of the patrons are male and what percent are female, it also breaks it down into age groups and advises how close the bar is to capacity... it's kinda useful for when deciding what bar to go to with friends.

>>Just wondering how long they will keep them after they are used as evidence in a stalking case.

It would be treated as any other evidence, and the length of its preservation would be governed by the same rules & regulations that govern the preservation of any evidence in a criminal case in that particular state.

>>Could the bar be held liable in some way?

Depends on the case. Way too many variable scenarios to answer in summary form.

That being said, most (maybe all?) states allow servers of alcohol to be held liable (by being sued and/or jeopardy to their liquor license) for consequences of serving someone too much alcohol (like an alcohol-influenced car crash, etc.). In the trade, we call them "liquor liability" cases.

I understand the drinking side but I was wondering about if they could be held liable in a stalking case. Is it possible that they could be since in a sense they have the stalker a way to get access to that person. Then I was thinking would it be any different then the Internet server giving the same person access because they use that server to Internet stalk someone.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

I understand the drinking side but I was wondering about if they could be held liable in a stalking case. Is it possible that they could be since in a sense they have the stalker a way to get access to that person. Then I was thinking would it be any different then the Internet server giving the same person access because they use that server to Internet stalk someone.

I hadn't thought about it; but now that you mention it, I suppose could see a plaintiff's attorney (representing a stalking victim) considering that angle - i.e., including the bar in a civil suit - on such a theory. No idea if that's been tried yet, or guess as to the chances of success/failure.

Really helps if the stalking victim was murdered in a really gruesome manner and the perpetrator states how it was all made possible by the bar.

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Andy9o8

Creepy. Period.
But yeah, your complaints will fall on deaf ears. Pity.

HEY!! I resemble that remark!! >:(

:P

FWIW, I don't care much for live cams, but don't really have a dog in the fight since I don't really go to bars. However, those people cheating on their spouses could find themselves in a pickle if their SO catches them on camera. :o
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Pretty much what I was thinking. Guy tells wife he's working late. She pulls up the video of his favorite bar.