divertech

Opening for "buddy" @ 10k

pchapman

I have made a Safety & Training thread in case anyone wants to discuss skydiving pranks in general. Nothing wrong with this thread though, for discussing the issue between the OP and his not-so-friendly-anymore buddy.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view&post=4565290

@lucky:
Nice typo:

I don't even like when someone wants to do a pink check before jump run. Unimpressed

Hey girls, want a pink check?

OMG... PIN PIN PIN PIN PIN

:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
Always be kinder than you feel.

Just sitting here thinking that before anyone says I'm uncurrent so what do I care?

The reason why I haven't jumped in a while is because I'm more afraid of getting vertigo or having my vision go out on a jump and hurting/killing one of my FRIENDS. Moreso than taking a chance and jumping and just hurting/killing myself.

But to worry about one of your "friends" hurting/killing you with a fkn prank while on an already dangerous jump just makes shake my head.

Man I have a really good sense of humor about a lot of shit. But not about fucking with me and my Skydiving, or any equipment. Don’t fuck with my shit EVER that’s just disrespectful to me.

don't think i would be mad for 8 months but i also would have landed and punched you in the face, but i would have gotten over it that night at the fire.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

LuckyMcSwervy

Just sitting here thinking that before anyone says I'm uncurrent so what do I care?

The reason why I haven't jumped in a while is because I'm more afraid of getting vertigo or having my vision go out on a jump and hurting/killing one of my FRIENDS. Moreso than taking a chance and jumping and just hurting/killing myself.

But to worry about one of your "friends" hurting/killing you with a fkn prank while on an already dangerous jump just makes shake my head.

We'll still let you hang out with us in Fitz.:P

CSpenceFLY

***Just sitting here thinking that before anyone says I'm uncurrent so what do I care?

We'll still let you hang out with us in Fitz.:P

Don't be shocked if I come this year. :P

LuckyMcSwervy

***I have made a Safety & Training thread in case anyone wants to discuss skydiving pranks in general. Nothing wrong with this thread though, for discussing the issue between the OP and his not-so-friendly-anymore buddy.

@lucky:
Nice typo:

I don't even like when someone wants to do a pink check before jump run. Unimpressed

Damn. And here I thought I had just learned about something new.[:/]:$
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

lame of your buddy in my opinion. they did that to a friend of mine for his 500th i beleive. it was all smiles on the ground after that. as long as everyone else is aware and the exit order is adjusted accordingly, i dont see the big deal. it is funny to me if done in a safe manner. if he was unstable or upside down or something that might be a different story, but what do i know im just some noob.

I informed everyone on the load including the pilot of my plan (not the safety officer - she would have stopped me).

Then maybe that should of been a hint it is not a great idea.

I really feel bad about losing a buddy - is he justified in staying angry at me for so long (8 months) for what I consider a joke?

You have to know your audience. If you did it to me.... I'd most likely laugh and make you think I was going to give you payback..... For YEARS. Maybe I'd get payback, maybe I would never. But on every jump you would think this was the one.

I don't find this particular joke funny, or over the line. But then again, I have been jumping 20 years and this was more common years ago.... More of a "Black Death" culture than today.

I am not going to go into which is better.... But it is different.

In the end, you did something that pissed off your buddy. You now have to live with the fall out. Is he being unreasonable? That is clearly up to him and only him and nothing I say will change his feelings.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

ryoder

******I have made a Safety & Training thread in case anyone wants to discuss skydiving pranks in general. Nothing wrong with this thread though, for discussing the issue between the OP and his not-so-friendly-anymore buddy.

@lucky:
Nice typo:

I was thinking it was about time to start jumping in the north east.
Ya'll have some interesting check lists.:ph34r:
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Dumping a buddy out is a really old school trick.

It must be I guess. Many people I know have issue with a person even touching their gear (especially without asking). How can you even think that there could be a “balance’’ (between increasing risk and pranks), is beyond my comprehension. I have been doing Yeah, I would not be very friendly with a “suck it up cupcake" kind of a joker. Quite the opposite:ph34r:.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

Stephen Hawking

turtlespeed

*********I have made a Safety & Training thread in case anyone wants to discuss skydiving pranks in general. Nothing wrong with this thread though, for discussing the issue between the OP and his not-so-friendly-anymore buddy.

@lucky:
Nice typo:

I was thinking it was about time to start jumping in the north east.
Ya'll have some interesting check lists.:ph34r:

You never received a card that was signed, 'Love & Kisses on All Your Pink Parts"?

oldwomanc6

***Ron, I was right!

The first person to chip in with over 20 years in sport mentioned that this wasn't uncommon 20+ years ago among friends.;)

It wasn't funny then, either. [:/]

I found it funny.... Like I said, you have to know your audience.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

LuckyMcSwervy

I don't want anyone touching my gear unless I ask you, or unless some sort of emergency calls for it.

I don't even like when someone wants to do a pink check before jump run. :|

you take all the fun out of skydiving.

Oh and at 96 jumps in 5 years it's extremely unlikely anyone would dump you out. unless it's your recurrency coach.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Squeak

I don't want anyone touching my gear unless I ask you, or unless some sort of emergency calls for it.

I don't even like when someone wants to do a pink check before jump run. :|

you take all the fun out of skydiving.

Oh and at 96 jumps in 5 years it's extremely unlikely anyone would dump you out. unless it's your recurrency coach.:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Hopefully one day I'll get to jump with that recurrency coach. :|

skymama

I've never hit anyone out of anger in my whole life, but I think I'd have to punch you if you did that to me.

whoa !!! mama !!!!;)

please resist the temptation to break your streak....
not worth it...:P

see post # 16...
Much more satisfying...B|
plus then :) You can be known as a jumper who has one more " reserve ripcord Pull " ,,,,,, than she has " malfunctions "

this way, no one gets hurt.. and yet, the POINT is made..
After All.. there Is
no need to " Break a Nail " over it...:) than others...)

jmy

quade

You fuck with anybody's parachute in any way and you deserve a beating. Period.

Sorry pal, you do not have my sympathy.

Yeah. I don't like people touching my shit, but I've seen a skydiver nearly take a swing at another skydiver who'd grabbed ahold of his rig to move him out of the way so someone later in the exit order could get in the correct place in the line.

Me, I might not punch you when I landed, but I'd certainly never jump with you again. The skydiver I witnessed that day... he'd at a minimum administer a severe beating. And God knows I'm not getting in the way of THAT fight.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

FlyingRhenquest

***You fuck with anybody's parachute in any way and you deserve a beating. Period.

Sorry pal, you do not have my sympathy.

Yeah. I don't like people touching my shit, but I've seen a skydiver nearly take a swing at another skydiver who'd grabbed ahold of his rig to move him out of the way so someone later in the exit order could get in the correct place in the line.

Me, I might not punch you when I landed, but I'd certainly never jump with you again. The skydiver I witnessed that day... he'd at a minimum administer a severe beating. And God knows I'm not getting in the way of THAT fight.

This goes beyond touching or exit order shuffling. It was done with malice whether the perpetrator admits it or not, he decided to give this guy a premature deployment. How the hell did he have any idea how somebody would react to it or what the outcome would be?

THAT is an irresponsible act. If he doesn't understand that, he needs a bit of sense beaten into him.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver