skyrider

Your Favorite Skydiving Instructors/JM's You've worked or jumped with

For Me..
Jim Wallace , (The instructor's skygod if there is one)
Nick DG (damn near busted a gut laughing every time I worked with him)
Ed White (he is a trip)
Rockey...(major respect for his cool headeness)
Steve Scott (II) Just Old school
Jamie (never knew his last name , but one of the best TI I ever flew with )
Mollie...Unshakable...
Vinnie...Mr. Business, but made sure the student had fun.
Jerry McCaully,(sp?) We had so much fun together, that can not be shared...lets just say, he was as much fun as he was dangerous..
There are more...but I have been up all night...maybe after a nap names will come back,..

Who stands out in your jumping history?...

K-Bob.

After every student jump(successful or not), he would to be wearing a huge smile that made you feel like you accomplished something special, which included my student jumps with him. A true class act. I learned a lot about how to be a coach by just watching him.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Paul Meagher - the S&TA at Z-hills. He taught me to fly and I have huge respect for the way he handles the responsibility of being S&TA. He's also a good friend and an awesome bar tender. ;)
Bram Clement - every time I talk with Bram I learn something. "How will the incident report read if I do this?"
Bill Morrissey - Bill teaches me something about instructing all the time. He has a passion for this sport that is unbelievable.
Laurie Clark a.k.a. "Safety Nazi"! ;-) Laurie has always been there when I needed advice with all aspects of skydiving.
Pip Redvers - thanks for teaching me to free fly. I LOVE jumping with Pip and his insight into life in general is pretty spot on and very entertaining. His wife Judy has imparted a great deal of packing and gear knowledge as well.
Tony Hathaway - our mutual love of the Spectre canopy has provided a subject for a lot of canopy discussions.
Michele Bonnet "Babe" - she always makes me remember why I love jumping.
There are others of course - I am truly thankful for the family we all share in this sport. It has allowed me to make the best friends anywhere in my life. A love of my life as well.
Skyrider, thanks for causing me pause to think about those that helped me to safely arrive where I am.

Of the about 500 AFF jumps I've made, the majority of them were with 2 who I was lucky to know.

The first was Mke McQuire. Maddog and I got our AFFIs together and did the Palatka courses for a year or 2. The student always felt as if they had Mike's undivided attention. The attention to detail was excellent. If anyone sees him, remind him that practice doesn't make perfect. It makes permenent. PERFRCT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.

The other waa Joe Morgan. One of the most professional (without being cold) I ever knew. His debriefs always stressed what went right. And the students left wanting to come back.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

>>Jamie (never knew his last name , but one of the best TI I ever flew with )
Jamie Cardow!

And I mentioned this here before but you were the best camera guy in Perris (when I was there.)

You always came back with the goods in the can (you can't shoot a first jump twice, so that's a major disappointment to a student.) And you flew so well I didn't have to keep one eye on the student and the other eye on you! (Don't make me name names!)

NickD :)

Mike and Joe- both very fine men. I never had them as instructors, but I became friends with them at the dz. Recently, my daughter's boyfriend came to the dz to do a tandem. In the tandem room, there's a poster of Maddog in his heyday and he looks a little crazed. He also happened to be in the tandem room that day. My daughter's boyfriend took a picture with him after realizing who he was, like he was a rock star. I think Mike appreciated it. B|

And Joe, I miss him. He was a dirty old man and would always pinch my ass. Of course I liked it. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Pretty much anyone who worked at deland. Carl, frazier, rodrigo, nikki, crossman, there are all super awsome!!

Carl taught me to pack, in between calling me a worthless maggot, frazier kept me sane when id try to do something stupid, rodrigo and bob pushed me to keep going even though i was scared stupid, ziggy even tho i never got to jump with him he showed me the finer points of packig and the skydiving culture, maddog for the stories and just being an all around badass. Nikki kept me grounded in the 20'knot winds i never should have though about jumpig in, pine for hooking me up with some great gear and not just selling me the first thig i wanted, he got me what i NEEDED.

Yeah. Not all of them were "instructors" but i sure did learn a hell of alot.

Oh and gotta also givr rodrigo credi for explaining what beer was and was not appropriate at the DZ :D ill never forget the first time i left for a beer run all i hear in the background is "GREEN BOTTLES MOTHERFUCKER GET THEM GREEN BOTTLES:ph34r:"

God i miss that place.

I know ive forgot ALOT of people there. Sorry.

OOHHH the most important of all!! When bob took me and svein up in the PAC alone because we got bumped off the previous load by the military gear and he didnt want to make us wait for the tandem camera flyers who didnt know they had to be ready. That was my first solo. Thanks man!!

Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

After making nothing but CRW jumps for more than a year I made a freefall jump and it went to hell. Got a coach jump from Dave Durant. Boundless enthusiasm, humor and skill. I want to be like you, Dave! Thanks also to Tara, his lovely wife.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

Of the about 500 AFF jumps I've made, the majority of them were with 2 who I was lucky to know.

The first was Mke McQuire. Maddog and I got our AFFIs together and did the Palatka courses for a year or 2. The student always felt as if they had Mike's undivided attention. The attention to detail was excellent. If anyone sees him, remind him that practice doesn't make perfect. It makes permenent. PERFRCT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT.

The other waa Joe Morgan. One of the most professional (without being cold) I ever knew. His debriefs always stressed what went right. And the students left wanting to come back.

WOW, you took a long time to pass!:ph34r:

>>Jamie (never knew his last name , but one of the best TI I ever flew with )
Jamie Cardow!

And I mentioned this here before but you were the best camera guy in Perris (when I was there.)

You always came back with the goods in the can (you can't shoot a first jump twice, so that's a major disappointment to a student.) And you flew so well I didn't have to keep one eye on the student and the other eye on you! (Don't make me name names!)

NickD :)

Thanks, both for th elast name and the compliment!

I wonder where Jamie is these days? I always knew when I filmed his openings that I was (I wont say how much) lower than the other TM's so couldn't stay on my back as long filming the opening!:P

I talked to him after his world sailiing trip...but not since!

When I got off static line, I wasn't unstable, I was freestylin'. I was ahead of my time.

Lyle Cammerons mag had a cartoon around 1970. It showed 2 guys looking out the door. One was saying, "Left turn, right turn, back loop. left turn, right turn, back loop. Damn, I thought he'd never come to the end of that static line."
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

When I got off static line, I wasn't unstable, I was freestylin'. I was ahead of my time.

Lyle Cammerons mag had a cartoon around 1970. It showed 2 guys looking out the door. One was saying, "Left turn, right turn, back loop. left turn, right turn, back loop. Damn, I thought he'd never come to the end of that static line."

ROFL....Seems the nut didn;t fall far from the tree, I am friends with his Son..(though he did lose one of his limbs)

When I was learning JM and instruct in Utah so many years ago, I had the sage advice of Peter Levy and Jim Johnson to mentor me along. Both of them are great guys that I owe a lot to. Jim Johnson just passed away unexpectedly this year from a heart condition and stroke, only 60 years old.[:/]

When I was learning JM and instruct in Utah so many years ago, I had the sage advice of Peter Levy and Jim Johnson to mentor me along. Both of them are great guys that I owe a lot to. Jim Johnson just passed away unexpectedly this year from a heart condition and stroke, only 60 years old.[:/]

Yet will still live on , around the bonefire ,(the real ones, not just here) thanks to you...:)

Esben Evensen. GREAT norwegian skydiver and instructor. He started out when he was 16 and was PERFECT from his first jump. And a great instructor and coach. I had a little rough start on my AFF, landing in a tree and all, but he kept jumping with me, and I went from being scared to having fun with him. If I could only be on a 4-way team with him, that would be great.

:)

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Heh heh. That was me, too. People would tell me, "We thought you were turning a style series." Smart-asses.

Tony hayes, bigggsy and Arnie (among others) at woolongong, some really sore tummies from some uncontrolable laughter...

That 20 minute bus ride per load, was key...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix