Stumpy

need something to read....

Then you can never go wrong with Dean Koontz either

OH YES you can. I have read a LOT of Koontz, he's my "go to" author when i want to read something predictable and formulaic.
Currently reading the ODD series,

Some classic SciFi, try Ursula LeGuin, "The Word for World is Forrest" Also anything by Greg Bear, or William Gibson

It boggles my mind there is *still* no "Neuromancer" movie.

Just finished Neuromancer - had some parallels in the Matrix, but not too close. Was good though, interesting writing style, good story - Not one of my favourites so far but well worth the read!

I think Gibson wrote that well before Matrix was done. there's been a lot of people influenced by Gibon's writing. I think it was him who coined the term "Cyber Punk"
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

MikeJD

I loved The Dog Stars by Peter Heller.

There's a tenuous sci-fi/ fantasy link in its post-apocalyptic setting, and also lots of other stuff to appeal to people here: if you're an aviation fan (and which of us isn't?) then the protagonist, Hig, spends a lot of time flying an old Cessna around on the lookout for survivors/ intruders; if you're a dog owner then the relationship that Hig has with his will really tug at your heartstrings; and if you're interested in guns, then you'll enjoy all the weapons stuff!

It's a very human, moving story but the survivalist aspect provides plenty of understated tension too.

The writing style is a little odd, but stick with it - it really serves the story in the end.

I just finished this! And I thank you very much. I was so pleasantly surprised with this book!

And yes the first 3 chapters were a little funky but this really was and is such a memorable book!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS RECCOMONDATION!

:)
C

sorry to shout by using caps...No I'm not....>:(
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Hey NZ guy. Don't smirk; but read Edgar Rice Burroughs' Princess of Mars. It was actually the first successful book that he wrote. Later finished with a total of 11 sci fi books about Mars, (his Mars series-obviously), the last of which was named John Carter. As you know they made a movie titled John Carter, but it actually is mostly the story of the first book, The Princess of Mars. Two hours read, tops. It is free from most digital libraries and is actually a good sci fi and love story combined. OK it is old, but a quick read and a classic.
Then you can venture out and see the movie. They did a good job with it.

dpreguy

Hey NZ guy. Don't smirk; but read Edgar Rice Burroughs' Princess of Mars. It was actually the first successful book that he wrote. Later finished with a total of 11 sci fi books about Mars, (his Mars series-obviously), the last of which was named John Carter. As you know they made a movie titled John Carter, but it actually is mostly the story of the first book, The Princess of Mars. Two hours read, tops. It is free from most digital libraries and is actually a good sci fi and love story combined. OK it is old, but a quick read and a classic.
Then you can venture out and see the movie. They did a good job with it.

LIKE;)

jumpwally

Isn't there a book that kind of predicts the future,,,but was written back in the 20-30's ? an uncanny predictor of todays world..."The Machine's" is it ? Never read it but was told it was really good...

There is also this The shape of Things to Come if your interested in this kind of thing. A little dry, but a worthwhile alternate perspective on H.G. Wells, worth a read.
C

Another veersion
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."