Bertt

Drones in your future

I just saw this and thought it was interesting. Forgive me if it's a repost.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25552825

The US aviation regulator has announced the six states that will host sites for testing commercial use of drones.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) picked Alaska, Nevada, New York, North Dakota, Texas and Virginia.

The sites are part of a programme to develop safety and operational rules for drones by the end of 2015.

Hitherto mainly used by the military, the potential of drones is now being explored by everyone from real estate agents to farmers or delivery services.

The head of the FAA, Michael Huerta, said safety would be the priority as it considers approval for unleashing the unmanned aircraft into US skies.

Pilots will be notified through routine announcements about where drones are being flown.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

probably in the form of notam's which as a pilot I know how well those work when you have other aircraft fly directly under a jump plane on jump run!
general notifications only work if pilots check for them, most local pilots jump in and take off and take the relatives sight seeing or out for a joy ride without ever checking anything!
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

Amazon

***Drones are in my present. I already have 2 and am working on 2 more.

www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=138669;

vimeo.com/70505638

Oh look boa..... something shiny

nice hex

Ok how the hell did they manage to let a real boat in there with all that plastic....

Yep - nice schooner.

More drone video: vimeo.com/70783611

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I love how the media (not necessarily this article) often just uses a stock picture of the Predator B (Reaper) armed drone that fires Hellfires over Afghanistan as the accompanying art to any article that mentions "drones". Like there is only one type of drone ever built, anywhere.

So of course the uneducated majority of people in this country now assume that farmer John down the road is gonna be flying his own personal Reaper to bomb the shit out of his neighbor's crops. :ph34r:

Though it would be funny and probably make me a very happy person (and rich, since my hubby would definitely be assured work and pay raises for a long time to come), I always feel a slight letdown when I have to inform people that the local cops will not be flying Reapers any time soon.

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!