LuckyMcSwervy

New Year's Eve Plans?

david3

************I hate to be that person that says "I'm not a New Years person"....but I'm not....maybe that will change since I live in a city now and don't have to drive 25 minutes to a bar and pay $50 for a cab home....I can just walk

Give it a shot! I love cities where you can walk everywhere you'd like to go. Maybe you'll discover somewhere FUN!! B|

That's why U love Key West. Actually, I'd really love to be there for NYE. [:/]
Key West is where I'll be NYE. Actually it's not my favorite time to be there. Too busy but it's better than being home.

I wanna see the conch drop. B| Are you partying anywhere in particular, if you don't mind me asking?
Haven’t decided yet. Having dinner at Louie’s Backyard. After that it’s up in the air. I’ve been to see Sushi drop in the Shoe at the Bourbon Street Pub before. This year I’d like to see the Pirate Wench drop at Schooner Wharf. The Conch Drop at Sloppies? You never know. We’ll have to see. I suspect we will watch whatever is happening at the place we find ourselves stumbling past at twelve. Can’t go wrong in that town if you’re looking for a party.

Gotta love a tranny on NYE! :ph34r::ph34r: Just remember, be good because Santa's watching if you head to Sloppies or Irish Kevin's. Did you hear about Jared Michael Hobgood from IK's? UGH... we were around the corner, down the street a block neighbors over the summer while I was there. :(
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

Gotta love a tranny on NYE! :ph34r::ph34r: Just remember, be good because Santa's watching if you head to Sloppies or Irish Kevin's. Did you hear about Jared Michael Hobgood from IK's? UGH... we were around the corner, down the street a block neighbors over the summer while I was there. :(

I've given up on being good. Too much effort. Besides good and Key West just don't go together.
I hadn't herd about Jared. [:/]

david3

I've given up on being good. Too much effort. Besides good and Key West just don't go together.
I hadn't herd about Jared. [:/]

Truer words were never spoken. ;) Yeah, it's tragic and sad and all around effed up. Lots of speculation and finger pointing. :(

Hope to bump into you down there!! B|

david3

Hope to bump into you down there!! B|

That's the way it works. We live less than 100 miles apart but we'll meet in Key West.;)
See you there.:D

Exactly! It's happened to me before. One of the skydivers from Cross Keys saw me taking a picture on Duval and jumped in front of my camera. It was great!!

See you there. B|

Mach1dmb

Not sure on plans yet. I have to work until 10pm, then my cousins and I will probably find a bar or something. I am going to try and do a helicopter jump New Years Day if they are doing them this year, so I won't get too crazy.

Sounds like a fun way to start the year! I wonder if anywhere in the northeast is doing midnight jumps? Be safe! Have fun!! :)

LuckyMcSwervy

***Get to bed early enough that I can get up at 530 to go skiing. NY's Day is one of the prime skiing days, since the drunks won't come crawling out of bed until noon, leaving the slopes wide open, (and the lift lines short), for the first half of the day.:P

Oh that sounds so wonderful!! It must be amazing to ski where you are. Do you do the ceremonial Jager shot with lunch at the lodge? Or is that just me? :)

I'm actually going tomorrow with one of my skydiving buddies. Should be a great time but no Jager. B|

I never mix skiing and drinking.

First, I have a very low tolerance for alcohol, and just one drink makes a noticeable degradation in my timing, especially when negotiating moguls.

Second, it is a 1.5hr drive home, and after a hard day of skiing, it is hard enough to stay awake for that drive, let alone adding a depressant to the mix.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

LuckyMcSwervy

***Girlfriend is a big cosplay nerd and won us passes to some costume party in the city. Otherwise we'd probably have played video games :D

That's cool! The couple that cosplays together stays together!! :PB|

Funny you say that, she's actually the cosplay person, not me.

That said, we play a lot of games together, including about 13-14 hours of DayZ over the last few days. The couple that SLAYS together, stays together is what I actually said :D
cavete terrae.

4way night jump at 23:59:40, beach landing, beer, skinny dipping, watch the sunrise over the ocean, sleep.B|

You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

If you bring enough of them I'll tell you.

(it's gonna be like sand.....paper) B|

You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

ryoder

******Get to bed early enough that I can get up at 530 to go skiing. NY's Day is one of the prime skiing days, since the drunks won't come crawling out of bed until noon, leaving the slopes wide open, (and the lift lines short), for the first half of the day.:P

Oh that sounds so wonderful!! It must be amazing to ski where you are. Do you do the ceremonial Jager shot with lunch at the lodge? Or is that just me? :)

I'm actually going tomorrow with one of my skydiving buddies. Should be a great time but no Jager. B|

I never mix skiing and drinking.

First, I have a very low tolerance for alcohol, and just one drink makes a noticeable degradation in my timing, especially when negotiating moguls.

Second, it is a 1.5hr drive home, and after a hard day of skiing, it is hard enough to stay awake for that drive, let alone adding a depressant to the mix.

After today I've decided to do the same and forego the usual lunchtime shot of Jager. First day on the slopes this season and I was beat by 11am. Had lunch (no Jager), still tired and skiing sloppy for me. Had an EPIC (for me) wipeout on a black diamond called The Chute. I'm soooooo sore. B|

grue

******Girlfriend is a big cosplay nerd and won us passes to some costume party in the city. Otherwise we'd probably have played video games :D

That's cool! The couple that cosplays together stays together!! :PB|

Funny you say that, she's actually the cosplay person, not me.

That said, we play a lot of games together, including about 13-14 hours of DayZ over the last few days. The couple that SLAYS together, stays together is what I actually said :D

I like that one better. :D:P