LuckyMcSwervy

New Year's Eve Plans?

oldwomanc6

As of right now, mrowc6 and I will be spending the evening at home avoiding the stupid drivers and the inevitable bad weather.

For the last 10 years, he has been piping at midnight, an I have been left to my own devices, so this will be a welcome change! :)

Sounds like a celebration of NYE togetherness as well! Nice to get a midnight kiss!! :$B|
Always be kinder than you feel.

Arvoitus

***I hate to be that person that says "I'm not a New Years person"....but I'm not....maybe that will change since I live in a city now and don't have to drive 25 minutes to a bar and pay $50 for a cab home....I can just walk

Well its a celebration of the fact that in addition to the clock resetting the calendar will reset also. Seems very arbitrary reason to celebrate. The only positive I can think of is the fact that its the only time in the year when I'm legally allowed to use fireworks. Brings back some nice childhood memories of homemade 'fireworks'. Its a shame though that they don't sell any of the good stuff they used to sell back then.

You just reminded me I forgot to stop and buy fireworks on my way home from Florida. :(

SoCalJumper

***Brings back some nice childhood memories of homemade 'fireworks'. Its a shame though that they don't sell any of the good stuff they used to sell back then.

Those are now called weapons of mass destruction. Hopefully I'll be on a beach somewhere with three black hookers. ;)

:o:o:o Well sounds like you're going to have a marvelous time!! Enjoy!! :D:D:D

promise5

1 event and 2 parties not sure which ones I'm going to.

What'll be the deciding factor? Just curious. :)
I have a closet full of gowns/cocktail dresses, 2 fancy schmancy black tie events that I've RSVPd to (1 in NJ, 1 in FL), and no idea if I'll even leave my house. No date. FML.

The NJ one is a 5 day event, pretty much. The FL one is a 4 night event.

I guess I could go to Key West but my friends down there all are working divers and go to bed early to get up early most nights.

Every year I say this is the year I won't be on the sofa.... :S

jimmytavino

wellll One of two possibilities

Rent an Andy Garcia mask/costume and visit New Jersey....I think there May be a Fan there..:o:).....

OR

make a 6 hour drive and visit my Mom...
While we speak on the phone often, and visit whenever we can... it's been damn near 40 years,,,
since we've actually SEEN each other to ring in,,, a new year..
ps... Don't tell Her..... it's gonna be a surprise..B|

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the cyber-friends who Live here,,, in My computer..!!>>!!!
some of them are the FINEST people that I have NEVER met....
Others, also Fine, and we HAVE HAD the chance to meet and say hello,,, in Person !!!

travel safely everyone,
skydive safely, for all those who CAN get to a DZ...
jimmytavino
a 3914
d 12122
:)

Ahhhhh..... you remember my weakness, Mr. Garcia!! YUM!! :$:$:$

Sounds like you're going to have a very special NYE!! I think it's great!! You are a sweet, sweet man!! B|B|B|

skymama

One of my friends is having a small party, but she wants everyone to leave at 10:00 because we have to be up early to shop at the big Dillard's sale the next day. :ph34r:

:D That doesn't sound too bad to me!! Do you guys make a day of it? Lunch, etc.? I used to wake up early and go to the Macy*s NY sale. It was great!! Happy shopping!!! B|B|B|

kuai43

***So, what are your New Year's Eve plans?

I expect we'll be feeling a bit shagged and fagged and fashed, it being a night of no small expenditure. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited! :)B|

I have absolutely no idea what you just said. :D

That doesn't sound too bad to me!! Do you guys make a day of it? Lunch, etc.? I used to wake up early and go to the Macy*s NY sale. It was great!! Happy shopping!!!

Sometimes we have lunch later, sometimes we go home to be with the visiting kids in our lives. We even scope out the store the day before so we'll know which bargains we're going straight for when the doors open. All of my "good" Christmas decorations, jewelry and cashmere sweaters come from the Dillard's New Year's day sale. :)
And, celebrating the new year at 10:00 is just fine with me, I have trouble staying up until midnight anyway!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

That doesn't sound too bad to me!! Do you guys make a day of it? Lunch, etc.? I used to wake up early and go to the Macy*s NY sale. It was great!! Happy shopping!!!

Sometimes we have lunch later, sometimes we go home to be with the visiting kids in our lives. We even scope out the store the day before so we'll know which bargains we're going straight for when the doors open. All of my "good" Christmas decorations, jewelry and cashmere sweaters come from the Dillard's New Year's day sale. :)
And, celebrating the new year at 10:00 is just fine with me, I have trouble staying up until midnight anyway!

I was the same way with the cashmere and decorations. I come out of there feeling like I won. B|

LuckyMcSwervy

******So, what are your New Year's Eve plans?

I expect we'll be feeling a bit shagged and fagged and fashed, it being a night of no small expenditure. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited! :)B|

I'll bring the lolly. :ph34r:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGiTaxjLzh8
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

Get to bed early enough that I can get up at 530 to go skiing. NY's Day is one of the prime skiing days, since the drunks won't come crawling out of bed until noon, leaving the slopes wide open, (and the lift lines short), for the first half of the day.:P

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

kuai43

*********So, what are your New Year's Eve plans?

I'll bring the lolly. :ph34r:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGiTaxjLzh8

:o:o:o

ryoder

Get to bed early enough that I can get up at 530 to go skiing. NY's Day is one of the prime skiing days, since the drunks won't come crawling out of bed until noon, leaving the slopes wide open, (and the lift lines short), for the first half of the day.:P

Oh that sounds so wonderful!! It must be amazing to ski where you are. Do you do the ceremonial Jager shot with lunch at the lodge? Or is that just me? :)

I'm actually going tomorrow with one of my skydiving buddies. Should be a great time but no Jager. B|

LuckyMcSwervy

***1 event and 2 parties not sure which ones I'm going to.

I have a closet full of gowns/cocktail dresses, 2 fancy schmancy black tie events that I've RSVPd to (1 in NJ, 1 in FL), and no idea if I'll even leave my house. No date. FML.

I guess I could go to Key West but my friends down there all are working divers and go to bed early to get up early most nights.

It all depends on where I'll be. Probably just stop at the one and then head on to the others for fun!;)
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

promise5

******1 event and 2 parties not sure which ones I'm going to.

It all depends on where I'll be. Probably just stop at the one and then head on to the others for fun!;)

Remember.... if you can't be good, be careful. ;););):DB|

LuckyMcSwervy

***I hate to be that person that says "I'm not a New Years person"....but I'm not....maybe that will change since I live in a city now and don't have to drive 25 minutes to a bar and pay $50 for a cab home....I can just walk

Give it a shot! I love cities where you can walk everywhere you'd like to go. Maybe you'll discover somewhere FUN!! B|

That's why U love Key West. Actually, I'd really love to be there for NYE. [:/]
Key West is where I'll be NYE. Actually it's not my favorite time to be there. Too busy but it's better than being home.

Phillbo

Jalapeno Poppers and Beer Butt Chickens on the grill for a small group of close friends from out of town.

Just be chillin' and killin' B|

I think that sounds nice and relaxing. Took me a second to recall Beer Butt Chicken since we call it Beer Can Chicken in these parts... :P

Enjoy!! B|

david3

******I hate to be that person that says "I'm not a New Years person"....but I'm not....maybe that will change since I live in a city now and don't have to drive 25 minutes to a bar and pay $50 for a cab home....I can just walk

Give it a shot! I love cities where you can walk everywhere you'd like to go. Maybe you'll discover somewhere FUN!! B|

Key West is where I'll be NYE. Actually it's not my favorite time to be there. Too busy but it's better than being home.

I wanna see the conch drop. B| Are you partying anywhere in particular, if you don't mind me asking?

LuckyMcSwervy

*********I hate to be that person that says "I'm not a New Years person"....but I'm not....maybe that will change since I live in a city now and don't have to drive 25 minutes to a bar and pay $50 for a cab home....I can just walk

I wanna see the conch drop. B| Are you partying anywhere in particular, if you don't mind me asking?
Haven’t decided yet. Having dinner at Louie’s Backyard. After that it’s up in the air. I’ve been to see Sushi drop in the Shoe at the Bourbon Street Pub before. This year I’d like to see the Pirate Wench drop at Schooner Wharf. The Conch Drop at Sloppies? You never know. We’ll have to see. I suspect we will watch whatever is happening at the place we find ourselves stumbling past at twelve. Can’t go wrong in that town if you’re looking for a party.