Remster

Trolls

GooniesKid

Awww c'mon..it's not a reference to me is it? Last few posts today haven't been off topic, or referring to women as prospects, or slamming on a newbie. :)

Just sayin . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's especially important that you don't feed the trolls who may not look like trolls at first. They post a lot, which doesn't necessarily mean that they're trolls (but then again it doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't trolls either, though that's hard to say, since they could be trolls or they might not be trolls). But they fill a lot of bandwidth whether they're trolls or not.:P

Sometimes there's even a moment of clarity!!!!!!

:SB|B|B|

But then there's a tangent like when you start to argue about dropzone hours in New England because that's really important, too, and it's not a tangent when it's part of your overall point, and besides anyone who can't follow the overall point clearly has an agenda.

An agenda, you say? No, no agenda at all other than to MAKE SURE THAT THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE. What is the truth? Well the truth should be really obvious by now and if you don't understand what the truth is then clearly you've got some sort of agenda, >:(too and you just want to screw the newbies, who are just trying to skydive, but skydiving's not like it used to be, it's a lot better except where it's way worse.

Anyway, that's my question - what really should we do about trolls? I mean, they're totally obvious except when they're not???!!:)

Remster

Are just like stray cats.

The more you feed them, the more the come back

Speaking of cats has anyone tried feeding their cats a raw food diet because I hear that it is better for them but I'm not sure I trust the people on the internets who tell me that because they might have an agenda. And my ex liked raw food so I immediately don't trust that. But I love my cats and I JUST WANT TO DO WHAT'S BEST FOR THEM which I think anyone should understand.

If you don't understand that it's pretty clear you also don't love skydiving. [:/]

Which reminds me of that one time I was in Florida and I heard someone talking about an AFF course and I had to just start yelling at him because he was asking when the dropzone might hold the next course and I thought if he couldn't figure that out on his own he HAS NO BUSINESS SKYDIVING. You guys want everyone to hold your hands but some people just shouldn't jump. It's an absolute undisputed FACT that if you have to ask at manifest when the next course should be that the AFF evaluator WILL fail you. It's in the course requirements and you WILL FAIL. I can't believe some people want to argue about that when it's clearly fact.

But anyway I'm only saying this because there are no better helmets on the market than the G3 and it's really obvious how much the introduction of full face helmets has changed the sport for the better. Even the trolls are better than they were in the 90s because of full faces. They can wear them on their first jump because only a CRAZY STUPID Tandem Instructor would refuse to let a student wear the best helmet on the market. But if they let them wear a Gath they should have their rating pulled RIGHT THEN AND THERE BY THE TSA because then the terrorists win.

:|

normiss

YOU PEOPLE in the north west drink entirely too much coffee.

Whoosh? :D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

oldwomanc6

Bump, as a reminder there is a new generation of them.

Then there is the ULTIMATE trollage on this site... the DBCooper thread.. Christ the stuff that gets posted in that thing.... plus the amount of penis fencing that goes on... and you just gotta know a couple of the guys whack off while reading that thread looking for their favorite adversary's posts.

NWFlyer

It's especially important that you don't feed the trolls who may not look like trolls at first. They post a lot, which doesn't necessarily mean that they're trolls (but then again it doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't trolls either, though that's hard to say, since they could be trolls or they might not be trolls). But they fill a lot of bandwidth whether they're trolls or not.:P

Sometimes there's even a moment of clarity!!!!!!

:SB|B|B|

But then there's a tangent like when you start to argue about dropzone hours in New England because that's really important, too, and it's not a tangent when it's part of your overall point, and besides anyone who can't follow the overall point clearly has an agenda.

An agenda, you say? No, no agenda at all other than to MAKE SURE THAT THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE. What is the truth? Well the truth should be really obvious by now and if you don't understand what the truth is then clearly you've got some sort of agenda, >:(too and you just want to screw the newbies, who are just trying to skydive, but skydiving's not like it used to be, it's a lot better except where it's way worse.

Anyway, that's my question - what really should we do about trolls? I mean, they're totally obvious except when they're not???!!:)

***Are just like stray cats.

The more you feed them, the more the come back

Speaking of cats has anyone tried feeding their cats a raw food diet because I hear that it is better for them but I'm not sure I trust the people on the internets who tell me that because they might have an agenda. And my ex liked raw food so I immediately don't trust that. But I love my cats and I JUST WANT TO DO WHAT'S BEST FOR THEM which I think anyone should understand.

If you don't understand that it's pretty clear you also don't love skydiving. [:/]

Which reminds me of that one time I was in Florida and I heard someone talking about an AFF course and I had to just start yelling at him because he was asking when the dropzone might hold the next course and I thought if he couldn't figure that out on his own he HAS NO BUSINESS SKYDIVING. You guys want everyone to hold your hands but some people just shouldn't jump. It's an absolute undisputed FACT that if you have to ask at manifest when the next course should be that the AFF evaluator WILL fail you. It's in the course requirements and you WILL FAIL. I can't believe some people want to argue about that when it's clearly fact.

But anyway I'm only saying this because there are no better helmets on the market than the G3 and it's really obvious how much the introduction of full face helmets has changed the sport for the better. Even the trolls are better than they were in the 90s because of full faces. They can wear them on their first jump because only a CRAZY STUPID Tandem Instructor would refuse to let a student wear the best helmet on the market. But if they let them wear a Gath they should have their rating pulled RIGHT THEN AND THERE BY THE TSA because then the terrorists win.

:|

Golfclap.

Well done.

R

Then you post some more.
Remster

Dumbasses keep feeding it, it keeps coming back.

Ignore it. Don't respond, don't ask it for jump numbers or ratings or where it jumps.

For the most part, I won't even contribute to a thread it's postwhoring in. I'd love to see any thread it starts just drift down the page, unanswered. Or preferrably unviewed.
That would be awesome. ;)

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

NWFlyer

It's especially important that you don't feed the trolls... :|

Concrete rebound hammer smashes trolls!

Hey, trolls can be kind of entertaining, like the thread about the advantages of deploying your parachute facing into the wind. Funny stuff! I say leave 'em in place and let the fun roll. If you're the serious type who can't stand that, just skip over it, but don't try and take away everyone else's fun.

Amyr

So your saying I should buy the full face helmet for my cat although my cat eats meat? So much to learn.

Anyone who wears a full-face helmet isn't a purist and will soonly be dead meat anyway...so just bring you cats to the dropzone and all your problems will be solved.

Just make sure you give those cats plenty of coffee to drink before you get there...ya surely don't want 'em drinking from the crater puddles made by full-face helmet wearers!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~