promise5

Post your pet pic.

Everyone's fur (and scale) families are so beautiful!

Autumn was my best buddy for 16, she passed in January.

I found Bridgy near a bridge and she was an emaciated young cat with not much hair. She lives with my parents now since Autumn didn't like other cats. She's now a spoiled princess like all cats should be.

Kodiak and Spirit were adopted this summer. They were at the SPCA a long time since they are FIV+. They didn't know each other until they came home, but were best buds within 24 hours. Love these little guys so much :)

Fullmoon

Everyone's fur (and scale) families are so beautiful!

I found Bridgy near a bridge and she was an emaciated young cat with not much hair. She lives with my parents now since Autumn didn't like other cats. She's now a spoiled princess like all cats should be.

Kodiak and Spirit were adopted this summer. They were at the SPCA a long time since they are FIV+. They didn't know each other until they came home, but were best buds within 24 hours. Love these little guys so much :)

I love the pics! They're all such beautiful cats!! Their personalities come through in those shots. I know what you mean about the FIV+ thing as my Sophia Lucia is FIV+ as well. She was 1.5 years when I adopted her from my vet's office. Her health status made her hard to home. She's almost 9.5 now. B|
Always be kinder than you feel.

Sorry for the loss of Autumn, but thanks for adopting more and giving these animals new homes and lots of love.

Are the little lizard things poisonous if the cats lick or eat them? When I was in Key West, my realtor told me not to let the cat get ahold of any because it will make her sick.

Unless there are special, poisonous lizards down in the Keys that I don't know about, I would say no. I've had all sorts of cats for 40 years who have all eaten lizards and haven't had a problem. Sure, I have cat puke to clean up every now and then, but that could just be from cleaning their own fur too.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

skymama

I've had all sorts of cats for 40 years . . .

How is that even possible, when "Her Hotness" is no more than 34?>:(
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

skymama

Are the little lizard things poisonous if the cats lick or eat them? When I was in Key West, my realtor told me not to let the cat get ahold of any because it will make her sick.

Unless there are special, poisonous lizards down in the Keys that I don't know about, I would say no. I've had all sorts of cats for 40 years who have all eaten lizards and haven't had a problem. Sure, I have cat puke to clean up every now and then, but that could just be from cleaning their own fur too.

30 years ago (in 29 Palms, CA), I had a cat that would, a few times a week, bring me a lizard (perfect, and dead) and lay it at my feet. She would, then, promptly throw up the first lizard she caught.

I guess one was all she could stomach. Or maybe not even the one. She never did learn to not eat them. :D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

skymama

Good to know! All of the years I've been going down there I never heard of a cat getting sick from the little buggers. I didn't even Google it or ask the vet when I went there, just kinda took her word for it. Cat hair puke is another story... blech. :ph34r:
Always be kinder than you feel.

oldwomanc6

30 years ago (in 29 Palms, CA), I had a cat that would, a few times a week, bring me a lizard (perfect, and dead) and lay it at my feet. She would, then, promptly throw up the first lizard she caught.

I guess one was all she could stomach. Or maybe not even the one. She never did learn to not eat them. :D

Sharing her love . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

skymama

You caught a great moment... hunter/prey! Don't you love it when they're hunting like that? I love human names on cats, too. So handsome and pretty!

Yes! I love watching them crouch down and wiggle their little butts before pouncing. Monty brought me a lizard he killed yesterday, he was so proud of himself. Of course I had to gush while secretly cursing him because now I had to pick up a dead lizard! :ph34r:

I read an article that cats bring you dead things to show you how to hunt.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.

turtlespeed

*********Karelian Bear dog smiling for the camers!

Not for nuthin, but here's an idea.:)

Is that a PA? :):P:ph34r:

more of a PSA.:P

GEAT! now my dog has developed a complex and He won't smile anymore! now I'll have to pay for a psycologist to get is self esteem back! SHEESH some people!
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

*** My dog after reading what Turtlespeed wrote...and he followed the link too.....[/quote

That's what my Roxy looks like after I tell her no that I'm not taking her for a donut.
No matter how slowly you say oranges it never sounds like gullible.
Believe me I tried.