theskyisfly

Any veterinarians in the house?

turtlespeed

*********Thanks so much for the input folks!! I didn't do ER and instead just waited for the vet appt on Monday morning since he seemed to be acting fine (including eating and drinking). Diagnosed as what may have started as a burn (if-y at best) but regardless, whatever it was just got really infected, so the fat man is on a round on antibiotics now. Should clear up by Friday & if not, we are going back :)

Again, thank you for all the insight.

Great news that it's something that should clear up!! Phew!! Send him some get well lovin' and chin scratches from me and Sophia Lucia!! MEOW! B|B|B|

PS - Good luck if his antibiotics are pills. Hopefully it's the liquid stuff you squirt down his little throat. :P

Thanks for the love!! He is getting lots of hugs & scratches :) And thank goodness they gave me the option between pills & liquid, because I chose liquid for that exact reason. Although, he's definitely on to me. Turned his nose up at the food I mixed it in with and also at the milk it was mixed with. So, I guess he prefers the hard way!:D

Here are some tips on how to medicate your buddy.

That's a classic. Love it! :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

Thanks for the love!! He is getting lots of hugs & scratches :) And thank goodness they gave me the option between pills & liquid, because I chose liquid for that exact reason. Although, he's definitely on to me. Turned his nose up at the food I mixed it in with and also at the milk it was mixed with. So, I guess he prefers the hard way!:D

Glad to hear it is not serious. If you have any trouble medicating him there is a one time injection of antibiotics called Convenia, that lasts up to two weeks and actually works better than oral antibiotics.

Is that antibiotic a first choice or a backup plan? I have a FIV+ kitty that gets sick once in a while. It would be nice to not have to fight her and stress her out more! :)
Does your kitty get better with Convenia? My FeLV+ kitty has been extremely sick since diagnosis. She's had 4 rounds of Convenia shots and now is on steroids. Poor girl is not getting better.

rnicks

Glad to hear it is not serious. If you have any trouble medicating him there is a one time injection of antibiotics called Convenia, that lasts up to two weeks and actually works better than oral antibiotics.

Is that antibiotic a first choice or a backup plan? I have a FIV+ kitty that gets sick once in a while. It would be nice to not have to fight her and stress her out more! :)
Does your kitty get better with Convenia? My FeLV+ kitty has been extremely sick since diagnosis. She's had 4 rounds of Convenia shots and now is on steroids. Poor girl is not getting better.

You'd never know she has the FIV. I adopted her when she was 1.5 years old. She'll be 10 July 16th. Her health seemed so good and I was toying with the hope I could adopt a friend for her, so I had the doctor retest for FIV. I actually doubted she had it but she did test + numerous times.

Once in a while she gets an allergy (sniffles, red rimmed eyes - not sure what she's allergic to but I live in the middle of farmland, maybe dust or pollen?) when my windows are open or she gets a sinus infection and gets some pink liquid antibiotics, can't remember the name but it smells really good. Years ago, when I adopted her knowing she has +, the vet told me one little sickness could take her out so I'm ultra careful with her when it comes to stressing her out. If she gets sick again and needs antibiotics, I'd love to try the Convenia to lessen her daily stress of getting medicated. I said in another thread she pulls the fur off her back and tail sometimes but the vet said it was separation anxiety from when I go away and she stays home. I also stopped giving her dairy cat treats and I noticed a difference. I don't know but whatever it takes to keep her healthy and happy.

I'm really sorry about your girl. It scares the hell out of me that one day I may be facing the same worries.
Always be kinder than you feel.