theskyisfly

Any veterinarians in the house?

oldwomanc6

*********You're welcome. If it's the pink stuff, I love the smell! Sophia Lucia had some pink crusties on her face for a week from us fighting to squirt it down her throat. They're so smart. They know our tricks!!

:)

If someone grabbed you by the scruff, then held your jaw up, shoved something deep into your mouth, and then rubbed your throat, you'd be a quick learner, too! :ph34r:

I'm gonna let someone else touch that one. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P:P

:o That is SO NOT what I had in mind when I posted that.

Your mind has been all over this lately. :$

:o I know. I'm sorry. :ph34r:
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

************You're welcome. If it's the pink stuff, I love the smell! Sophia Lucia had some pink crusties on her face for a week from us fighting to squirt it down her throat. They're so smart. They know our tricks!!

If someone grabbed you by the scruff, then held your jaw up, shoved something deep into your mouth, and then rubbed your throat, you'd be a quick learner, too! :ph34r:

I'm gonna let someone else touch that one. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P:P

Taken out of context, it does sound kinda dirty. :$
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

***************You're welcome. If it's the pink stuff, I love the smell! Sophia Lucia had some pink crusties on her face for a week from us fighting to squirt it down her throat. They're so smart. They know our tricks!!

I just assumed you were talking about something that happened one night at a boogie.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

oldwomanc6

***************You're welcome. If it's the pink stuff, I love the smell! Sophia Lucia had some pink crusties on her face for a week from us fighting to squirt it down her throat. They're so smart. They know our tricks!!

That's what's funny about innocent comments when it's not what you mean. :D

LuckyMcSwervy

******************You're welcome. If it's the pink stuff, I love the smell! Sophia Lucia had some pink crusties on her face for a week from us fighting to squirt it down her throat. They're so smart. They know our tricks!!

That's what's funny about innocent comments when it's not what you mean. :D

That's true. It makes them doubly funny. :D
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Thanks for the love!! He is getting lots of hugs & scratches :) And thank goodness they gave me the option between pills & liquid, because I chose liquid for that exact reason. Although, he's definitely on to me. Turned his nose up at the food I mixed it in with and also at the milk it was mixed with. So, I guess he prefers the hard way!:D

Glad to hear it is not serious. If you have any trouble medicating him there is a one time injection of antibiotics called Convenia, that lasts up to two weeks and actually works better than oral antibiotics.

maadmax

Thanks for the love!! He is getting lots of hugs & scratches :) And thank goodness they gave me the option between pills & liquid, because I chose liquid for that exact reason. Although, he's definitely on to me. Turned his nose up at the food I mixed it in with and also at the milk it was mixed with. So, I guess he prefers the hard way!:D

Glad to hear it is not serious. If you have any trouble medicating him there is a one time injection of antibiotics called Convenia, that lasts up to two weeks and actually works better than oral antibiotics.

Is that antibiotic a first choice or a backup plan? I have a FIV+ kitty that gets sick once in a while. It would be nice to not have to fight her and stress her out more! :)

maadmax

Good to know! He's definitely getting more and more ornery each time a dose comes. The area itself seems to be turning almost white around the edges...is that on par with getting better?

craigbey

Good to hear that Stomp is doing better.

How are you providing water to him? With that type of irritation and bleeding, you may want to exchange water frequently and consider a recirculating fountain with a filter.

Just an old fashioned bowl by his food dish and he has his own cup that he drinks out of on the bedside table...and he drinks from the bathtub faucet too :).

Thank you!

Fullmoon

Glad Stomp is doing OK. Spirit and Kodiak found an alternate method to their hooker issue, which is good since they are FIV+ and can't risk spreading the love. :P

-Lisa

:D:D:D:D And I got teased for bring a stuffed pink stingray back from Key West for my Sophie. :ph34r:

ETA: And a sombrero :)

Is that antibiotic a first choice or a backup plan? I have a FIV+ kitty that gets sick once in a while. It would be nice to not have to fight her and stress her out more! :)

Yes, I use it more than any other of my broad spectrum antibiotics unless the culture and sensitivity results dictate something else. As you know FIV is viral and not susceptible to antibiotics. You may try interferon which is antiviral. Convenia would be good for secondary bacterial infections that result from the immunosuppression.

Good to know! He's definitely getting more and more ornery each time a dose comes. The area itself seems to be turning almost white around the edges...is that on par with getting better?

The white skin sounds like sloughing tissue, it may need to be removed.

maadmax

Yes, I use it more than any other of my broad spectrum antibiotics unless the culture and sensitivity results dictate something else. As you know FIV is viral and not susceptible to antibiotics. You may try interferon which is antiviral. Convenia would be good for secondary bacterial infections that result from the immunosuppression.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I really appreciate it! B|

Fullmoon

It's fun to watch people's faces when they find the catnip boy toy. They just don't know what to say.

BTW...Sophia Lucia is beautiful!!! Nice pic.

-Lisa

I was thinking the same thing! My pet sitter would die of embarrassment!! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

And thank you. I live to serve her every need. :ph34r:

maadmax

The white skin sounds like sloughing tissue, it may need to be removed.

Note to all involved...do NOT google "sloughing tissue"...my eyes are bleeding

LuckyMcSwervy

***Glad Stomp is doing OK. Spirit and Kodiak found an alternate method to their hooker issue, which is good since they are FIV+ and can't risk spreading the love. :P

-Lisa

:D:D:D:D And I got teased for bring a stuffed pink stingray back from Key West for my Sophie. :ph34r:

gorgeous kitty!!!

theskyisfly

******Glad Stomp is doing OK. Spirit and Kodiak found an alternate method to their hooker issue, which is good since they are FIV+ and can't risk spreading the love. :P

-Lisa

gorgeous kitty!!!

Thanks! I'd try to set her up with your gorgeous boy but my girl has the FIV. :o

theskyisfly

ah, yes I forgot to mention that he loves hookers & cocaine. probably picked something up from one of his vices

B|

Not a fan of hookers and cocaine, I just like Strippers and Blow.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

theskyisfly

******Thanks so much for the input folks!! I didn't do ER and instead just waited for the vet appt on Monday morning since he seemed to be acting fine (including eating and drinking). Diagnosed as what may have started as a burn (if-y at best) but regardless, whatever it was just got really infected, so the fat man is on a round on antibiotics now. Should clear up by Friday & if not, we are going back :)

Again, thank you for all the insight.

Great news that it's something that should clear up!! Phew!! Send him some get well lovin' and chin scratches from me and Sophia Lucia!! MEOW! B|B|B|

PS - Good luck if his antibiotics are pills. Hopefully it's the liquid stuff you squirt down his little throat. :P

Here are some tips on how to medicate your buddy.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun