theskyisfly

Any veterinarians in the house?

I never post on here, so pardon that...but when it comes to Stomp I've gotta do what I can before bringing him to the animal ER.

The four pics are the progress of his nose since Friday. We have a vet appt at 940a tomorrow but wondering if this is ER worthy since it keeps escalating.

On Friday I noticed his nose was red and agitated...when he tried to drink water he would take one sip and then shake his head almost like he was agitated. At lunch I put A&D on it, by 6p he was still messing with in and then 630 it peeled to the flesh in the 2nd pic. All day Saturday stayed the same and then today it progressed to the last two pics...the 4th was taken about 45 minutes ago.

He has been drinking water and eating; there have been two bouts of dry heaving (one about 4 days ago and one right after the scab came off this evening around 45 minutes ago), but no vomit.

Any help is appreciated.[:/]

Thank you skyfamily!

On Friday I noticed his nose was red and agitated...when he tried to drink water he would take one sip and then shake his head almost like he was agitated.

I'm not a vet, but I would take him to ER to make sure there was nothing going on inside that you can't see (since you mentioned he had discomfort drinking).

Sorry you guys are going through this. Hope he heals quickly.

-Lisa

Showed Doc (Skyravn67) the pics... she says to take him in and have it looked at. Her "picture" diagnosis is some type of nasal discharge which he keeps licking and has ulcerated the nose, an infection inside the nose, to that of a spider bite that he's ulcerated. Probably going to require some steroids and/or antibiotics.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

shropshire

If and octogenarian is 80.... how old is a veterinarian?

Varies . . . just means they have been to war.:D
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

LuckyMcSwervy

******If and octogenarian is 80.... how old is a veterinarian?

:D I needed that laugh today.

Glad I could help.:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

turtlespeed

*********If and octogenarian is 80.... how old is a veterinarian?

Thanks. You certainly did. :)
Has anyone heard from theskyisfly? I'm hoping the little guy is feeling better. :)
Always be kinder than you feel.

LuckyMcSwervy

************If and octogenarian is 80.... how old is a veterinarian?

Has anyone heard from theskyisfly? I'm hoping the little guy is feeling better. :)
Who?

turtlespeed

***************If and octogenarian is 80.... how old is a veterinarian?

Who?

The original poster and the little kitty with the sore on his nose.

theskyisfly

I never post on here, so pardon that...but when it comes to Stomp I've gotta do what I can before bringing him to the animal ER.

The four pics are the progress of his nose since Friday. We have a vet appt at 940a tomorrow but wondering if this is ER worthy since it keeps escalating.

On Friday I noticed his nose was red and agitated...when he tried to drink water he would take one sip and then shake his head almost like he was agitated. At lunch I put A&D on it, by 6p he was still messing with in and then 630 it peeled to the flesh in the 2nd pic. All day Saturday stayed the same and then today it progressed to the last two pics...the 4th was taken about 45 minutes ago.

He has been drinking water and eating; there have been two bouts of dry heaving (one about 4 days ago and one right after the scab came off this evening around 45 minutes ago), but no vomit.

Thank you skyfamily!

Looks painful. My differential list would include: 1) Burn from caustic substance, 2) Envenomation,
3) Pemphigus, 4) Allergic reaction, 5) Bite Wound Abscess, 6) Trauma, 7) Eosinophilic granuloma, 8) Tooth Abscess, 9) Nasal Foreign Body/ Self mutilation, 10) Dermatophyte infection, to name a few causes. Steroids and antibiotics (Convenia) are definitely indicated. I would submit a biopsy if it doesn't respond quickly. Good luck!!! I hope he gets better.

maadmax

***I never post on here, so pardon that...but when it comes to Stomp I've gotta do what I can before bringing him to the animal ER.

Thank you skyfamily!

Looks painful. My differential list would include: 1) Burn from caustic substance, 2) Envenomation,
3) Pemphigus, 4) Allergic reaction, 5) Bite Wound Abscess, 6) Trauma, 7) Eosinophilic granuloma, 8) Tooth Abscess, 9) Nasal Foreign Body/ Self mutilation, 10) Dermatophyte infection, to name a few causes. Steroids and antibiotics (Convenia) are definitely indicated. I would submit a biopsy if it doesn't respond quickly. Good luck!!! I hope he gets better.

Wow.

I have so much respect for veterinarians! You're working with patients that can't tell you how they feel or where they hurt of how they got that way.

LuckyMcSwervy

***looks like a coke rash to me . . but what do I know?:)

Sophia Lucia wants you to take a look at her back where she's been pulling out her fur. :P

Ok.

Send her in.

Thanks so much for the input folks!! I didn't do ER and instead just waited for the vet appt on Monday morning since he seemed to be acting fine (including eating and drinking). Diagnosed as what may have started as a burn (if-y at best) but regardless, whatever it was just got really infected, so the fat man is on a round on antibiotics now. Should clear up by Friday & if not, we are going back :)

Again, thank you for all the insight.

theskyisfly

Thanks so much for the input folks!! I didn't do ER and instead just waited for the vet appt on Monday morning since he seemed to be acting fine (including eating and drinking). Diagnosed as what may have started as a burn (if-y at best) but regardless, whatever it was just got really infected, so the fat man is on a round on antibiotics now. Should clear up by Friday & if not, we are going back :)

Great news that it's something that should clear up!! Phew!! Send him some get well lovin' and chin scratches from me and Sophia Lucia!! MEOW! B|B|B|

PS - Good luck if his antibiotics are pills. Hopefully it's the liquid stuff you squirt down his little throat. :P

LuckyMcSwervy

***Thanks so much for the input folks!! I didn't do ER and instead just waited for the vet appt on Monday morning since he seemed to be acting fine (including eating and drinking). Diagnosed as what may have started as a burn (if-y at best) but regardless, whatever it was just got really infected, so the fat man is on a round on antibiotics now. Should clear up by Friday & if not, we are going back :)

Great news that it's something that should clear up!! Phew!! Send him some get well lovin' and chin scratches from me and Sophia Lucia!! MEOW! B|B|B|

PS - Good luck if his antibiotics are pills. Hopefully it's the liquid stuff you squirt down his little throat. :P

Thanks for the love!! He is getting lots of hugs & scratches :) And thank goodness they gave me the option between pills & liquid, because I chose liquid for that exact reason. Although, he's definitely on to me. Turned his nose up at the food I mixed it in with and also at the milk it was mixed with. So, I guess he prefers the hard way!:D

LuckyMcSwervy

You're welcome. If it's the pink stuff, I love the smell! Sophia Lucia had some pink crusties on her face for a week from us fighting to squirt it down her throat. They're so smart. They know our tricks!!

:)

If someone grabbed you by the scruff, then held your jaw up, shoved something deep into your mouth, and then rubbed your throat, you'd be a quick learner, too! :ph34r:
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

oldwomanc6

***You're welcome. If it's the pink stuff, I love the smell! Sophia Lucia had some pink crusties on her face for a week from us fighting to squirt it down her throat. They're so smart. They know our tricks!!

If someone grabbed you by the scruff, then held your jaw up, shoved something deep into your mouth, and then rubbed your throat, you'd be a quick learner, too! :ph34r:

I'm gonna let someone else touch that one. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P:P

LuckyMcSwervy

******You're welcome. If it's the pink stuff, I love the smell! Sophia Lucia had some pink crusties on her face for a week from us fighting to squirt it down her throat. They're so smart. They know our tricks!!

I'm gonna let someone else touch that one. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P:P

:o That is SO NOT what I had in mind when I posted that.

Your mind has been all over this lately. :$
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9