Muffie

Best Route Driving CO to DC at end of December?

The double eagle sleeper....still a very popular sleeper for long haulers.
I've been driving Pete's all my life but now there all pretty much made by the same people.
I will never buy a new truck again.
My truck has just under 1.5 million miles on it and I will continue to rebuild when it needs it. The new trucks are crap. I also wonder to myself why even though they come out with new truck models they never really improve the aerodynamics when they know the aerodynamics suck.
Still I wouldn't buy a new one. I like my simple CAT engine without all that extra useless crap on it.
Next winter I'm rebuilding again. That's when Ill be stretching my frame another 30" and putting a big house on it.
Stay tuned...
Yeah watching trucks being built is neat. I've been to the peterbilt factory in Denton several times.

Doing it as a couple is ideal only if you have the right partner to do it with.
The space is small if your not 100% happy together.
I typically knock down 3 - 400 miles at a clip without stopping.
My bladder is trained I guess.
I'm glad my drivers seat doesn't double as a toilet. To think that we are driving down the highway sitting on toilets just seems a little too wierd!
Just to set the record straight ( I sure wouldn't want you confused about this)... When I said I have a pee bottle, it doesn't mean I'm driving down the highway peeing in my bottle. As a matter of fact, most of the time I use the rest room just like you would use ( except I'm going in the other door). My pee bottle is for that middle of the night pee when I'm in bed and don't have my boots on. It's for those times when it's 30 below and the winds cranking at 60 mph and I don't want to deal with it.
I explained how my morning starts...I make a pot of coffee every morning. I drink about half while inspecting my truck and playing with Hannah. Before I split...I pee. The other half a pot I drink while I'm cruising down the road. I have it all set up so I can make fresh cups of coffee with fixin's while driving. I go 300 or 400 miles and then stop, inspect truck, inspect load, fuel, eat, play with dog, oh yeah ...and I pee again and then do it all over again minus a fresh pot of coffee. I hold myself to one pot a day ( usually).
I hope this clarifies it for you. Don't feel wierd for asking though it's a common question.
I go with my wife to her office parties when I'm around and am asked this fairly often. Seems like you regular people who work in fixed locations have a very close bond with your bathrooms and would feel lost without them.
Have a great day!
:)

I did! Thanks for the advice and thanks for asking how it went.

Left CO December 28th, made it to DC on January 1st. Trip went without a single problem. Weather was clear, pup was absolutely awesome about the whole thing. I did 70 most of the way but swung south the last day or so because I found out that all La Quinta hotels take dogs and don't charge anything extra for it. (Unlike Marriott that would've charged $75-100 non-refundable fee to clean the room at each hotel.) So, ended up staying my last night in Radford, VA even though it was a little out of the way.

Here's a pic of the pup the day we left.

Glad to hear it went well. I was chugging through some snow the other day and it triggered the memory of this thread.

Glad the dog did well on the trip. My dog always loved to go in the car, but it was almost always local.
We did one long (6 hours each way) one day round trip. He did fine on the trip, but was very reluctant to get in the car the next day.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo